Not quite a DJ but not quite a band, Gregg Gillis, aka Girl Talk, performs alone using a laptop computer to create his music. While that sight may not be so strange if you're expecting to hear a DJ, people expecting to hear a live, original act may be surprised to see one performer head on stage with only his laptop. Many bands use new technology to varying degrees in their recordings and performances. Girl Talk sets are traditionally quite over the top (think: lots of dancing on stage and off, and lots of people around expensive electronics), so he has to make a few adjustments to keep his gear safe. (This is where the Saran Wrap comes into play.)
- J.K. Rowling Reveals all in a new book, Harry, A History. — MTV Movies Blog
- How ER plans to woo George Clooney back, no matter how many times he says it's not happening. — TV Squad
- Ten things you need to know about The Wrestler before its December premiere. — Vulture
- John Sayles is apparently working on an HBO miniseries about Louis Armstrong with Quincy Jones. — Cinematical
- Office fans, get ready to meet the Halperts. — Give Me My Remote
- Do you want a Meg Ryan comeback? — PopSugar
- A chat with the man behind Girl Talk. — Pop Candy
- The Whitney Port spinoff of The Hills is officially a go. — FabSugar
- Pop culture obsessions come to life! A chance subway ride with some of the Gossip Girl kids leaves one writer breathless. — Popwatch
I was recently at a girls' dinner and one of my friends showed up with her boyfriend!! Why she thought that was OK is beyond me, but it was pretty infuriating. I really cherish my girl time so when a man was unexpectedly thrown into the mix, the entire dynamic changed. Boy talk, period talk, sex talk, and shop talk turned into watch-what-you-say talk! I know it's not that big of a deal, but don't you think there is a time and a place for bringing along your mate? I might be way off base here, so do tell ladies, do you bring your significant other with you everywhere you go, even if he isn't invited?
Even if you think you're a sexual expert, I can guarantee you don't know everything there is to know about sex. Although most people don't sit around and divulge their private and inmates stories about their lover, let's face it, sometimes it's fun to talk sex! Since there's no handbook on love making, how else do you learn and grow in the bedroom department? So ladies, do tell, who do you talk about sex with the most?