We were behind the scenes at the seven-hour "Women Tell All" episode taping for The Bachelor, so we have the full story on what didn't air in the two-hour special. Tierra played the part of the innocent victim while she was in the hot seat, but some of her most shocking statements were actually cut out — including how she really felt about Sean and the entire show itself. And yes, it's eyebrow-raising! Plus, Chris Harrison grills Selma about her ironic contestant crush from a previous season, and Sarah reveals more about what she's feeling after her heartbreaking departure. Hear the juiciest insights that you may have missed out on, and get excited to watch the three-hour finale show LIVE with POPSUGAR on Monday, March 11 for our official viewing party.
Last night was The Bachelor's Women Tell All episode, and as expected there were tears, accusations, awkward silences, and Chris Harrison's witty one-liners. But what you saw on TV wasn't the whole picture. I attended the taping of the special in LA — all seven hours of it — and have some behind-the-scenes tidbits to share with you on what didn't make it on air. Here's what you didn't see:
- Chris joked around and sang with the audience: In the first few takes of his opening lines, Bachelor host extraordinaire Chris Harrison already had the audience laughing. He joked that the producers know he can't walk and talk at the same time, and after an off take he said, "It's the pressing play part that gets us every time." During one break between takes, he thanked the guests who were invited to the WTA for donating to charities, adding, "Why you should suffer through this for giving . . ." He also led the happy birthday song for a 13-year-old in the audience, saying afterward, "And now you know why I'm not on American Idol."
- Selma blushed over Arie dating rumors: Selma spoke a bit about her "no kissing rule," saying that her mom knows she's not an angel and that she has kissed boys before. She just gave her the advice to not be that girl who's always making out with him. Then Chris caught Selma off guard by addressing some ironic rumors: "You have been linked to the kissing bandit himself, Arie." Selma put her hands on her cheeks after, saying, "No comment." But Chris countered with, "The blush on your cheeks is comment enough," adding, "I'm sure he's tweeting about it right now."
Last night was The Bachelor's "Women Tell All" special, and there were "oh, no she didn't" zingers, tearful sentiments, funny one-liners, and shocking confessions aplenty at Sean Lowe's season reunion ahead of the finale next week. I attended the episode's taping recently, making note of my favorite lines from the women, Sean, and, of course, host extraordinaire Chris Harrison. Check out the best lines that were aired — and not aired — in our roundup of the best quotes from the "Women Tell All" episode. And check back for my full recap of what you didn't see on TV!
On tonight's "Women Tell All" episode of The Bachelor, Sean Lowe and AshLee Frazier had their first confrontation since AshLee's very cold exit on the overnight episode of the show that aired last week . . . and boy, was it awkward. On her shock at being sent home, AshLee told Sean, "Why did you say you had absolutely no feelings for [the other two women]?" Cue silence. Sean then adamantly denied it, saying, "I promise I didn't say that. I didn't and I wouldn't say that." AshLee clarified, "'There's absolutely nothing between those two.' That's exactly what you said. I mean, I'm not making that up."
I attended the taping of the special, and the confrontation between the two drew gasps from the audience (and the press). It was so heated that the argument continued after the cameras stopped rolling, but it was picked up by their mics — something reporters were disappointed to have muted on us. However, the producers showed a clip of it during tonight's airing. I spoke with AshLee immediately following the confrontation. Find out what she had to say about it now:
"Well, first of all, I never thought he would [deny it]. That never crossed my mind. About a week ago, I pulled out my diary. Because you know, I've had time to heal from this since then, and so I was like, I really need to get into this, find out what it was that upset me about this and what it was that I was hurt about with Sean. So I pulled out my diary and I read, and the very next morning I had written what we had gone over about our fantasy suite and that, amongst a few other things, I wrote in my diary. I thought, you know, that's a perfect thing. I need to ask him what turned in for this, and never in my wildest dreams did I think he wouldn't agree to it. I just thought he would — I don't know what I expected, but I thought he would just say maybe I made a mistake and shouldn't have said that, but never thought he would say that's not what I said."
Find out what else I learned interviewing The Bachelor stars here, and stay tuned for my complete recap of what you didn't see on TV.
The always intense and emotional "Women Tell All" episode of The Bachelor goes down tonight on ABC, so how much heat will Sean Lowe take from this season's contestants? We were behind the scenes at the taping, so we have insider insight into the drama that will unfold when all the rose-less ladies get to grill Sean. What's the deal with Tierra's engagement? Who thinks Des should be the next Bachelorette? Get a head start on the highlights before this evening's courtship chaos kicks off!
I recently attended the taping of The Bachelor's Women Tell All special, which airs tonight on ABC. The episode took place before AshLee's dramatic exit last week, where her only parting words to Sean were "Stay here." So not only is this the first time Sean will face the women he booted — like Desiree, Sarah, and Lesley — it will also be the first time he has a chance to explain himself to AshLee and vice versa. Of course the other main attraction tonight will be Tierra (the "Tierrable"), who is already engaged to somebody else. I interviewed the "villain" of the season, along with Des, Sarah, Lesley, AshLee, host Chris Harrison, and The Bachelor himself, Sean Lowe. Ahead of tonight's Women Tell All episode, check out the highlights from our conversations now:
- Sean was embarrassed about sexy shower scene: On his most embarrassing scene, Sean told me, "I could say hands down that shower scene at the end of [week seven's] episode. I don't get embarrassed easily, but that was so embarrassing. That was ridiculous, and with the '70s porno music playing. It was a lot to watch." Sean watched the show with friends, who kept him "very grounded." He told me, "Basically throughout the two-hour show, they're just ripping me and making fun of me and just yeah, definitely keeping me humble."
- Tierra is engaged to an "awesome" guy: Tierra played coy with the engagement details but did say that she's excited to be engaged and has a wedding date set. She told us, "The guy's pretty awesome. Let me tell you, he really is." And on her huge engagement ring, she said, "We designed it. Well, I picked out two rings, and he designed it into one."
- Lesley knows who wins this season: Lesley told us that she knows who wins and that "they seem madly in love." She said, "He's ended up with a great girl and that wasn't me, and that is totally fine. I'm happy with the way things worked out."
- Des preferred to watch the season alone: Des told me that she didn't watch the show with friends. "I kind of wanted to keep it solo just because it's my life, you know? I don't think people really understand that. Friends see it as entertainment, and 'oh my gosh, my friend is on TV!' But to me, it was my life. It was my feelings put on the line." Des added that her friends would disconnect her from the show, saying that they were rooting for other girls. "And I'd just be like, 'Do you know that I was actually dating him?'"
The Bachelor has always offered gratuitous eye-candy shots of the man who's vying for women's hearts, but this season, Sean Lowe's abs deserved a rose of their own. We saw shirtless Sean just about everywhere: in his closet, in the shower, during workouts, in the pool, on the beach, and even in freezing Canadian temperatures. The over-the-top shirtless montages gathered lots of attention, and Sean was able to laugh about it, too, joking on Twitter: "Believe it or not I actually wear a shirt when I work out." As we approach the end of his season, take a look at Sean's best, most hilarious shirtless moments. And don't forget to check out our Bachelor recaps for even more sexy shots!
The much anticipated fantasy suite episode in Thailand brought lots of tropical frolicking and declarations of love as the final three women were treated to an entire uninterrupted night with the man of their dreams. AshLee ends up describing her dream engagement ring in detail, but it all turns into a nightmare when she's the one left without a rose. Meanwhile, Lindsay eats bugs and Catherine does a backflip — get all the overboard love antics in this Bachelor recap!
It was down to three ladies on last night's episode of The Bachelor — AshLee, Lindsay, and Catherine — and fans of the show know what that means . . . the fantasy dates! After the chaste meet-the-parents episode last week, Sean and his final three upped the sex factor in Thailand. Well, sort of. Despite spending most of the show shirtless, Sean has been very vocal about his "born-again virginity" status since losing his V card in college, and most of the girls on his season have waved their conservative flags as well.
Since the reality TV dating show's inception 11 years ago (yep, we're on season 17), the overnight-date episode never disappoints with its awkwardness on both The Bachelor and its spinoff The Bachelorette. Everyone knows the drill, and yet the bachelor/ette still has to read aloud the fantasy suite date card asking if the contestant wants to forgo their individual room to spend the night with him or her. Now, they never outright say what the real purpose of the date is — to have sex — instead, they usually make a point to explain that they just want "more time to get to know each other" privately. So who's to say what really happens . . .
We have looked into the history of the sexiest episode of The Bachelor franchise to get behind the curtain (or, rather, under the sheets) of the fantasy dates on the show. Find out who had the most embarrassing overnight, who turned them all down, and what went down in the fantasy suites last night now!
There are just two episodes left before The Bachelor, Sean Lowe, is faced with his final rose ceremony. Sean stopped by our LA studios recently to talk about the unique experience of looking for love on reality TV and to weigh in on the moments — and eliminations — he most regrets. The Bachelor airs tonight at 8/7 Central. On Lindsay: BeBe dress.