Many of our favorite stars took to Twitter this week to share photos from their adventures. Chelsea Handler pumped up her energy with a shot of B12, while Paris Hilton went more low-key without her most famous sidekicks. The boys of Entourage got back to work, and Bethenny Frankel fit in a nap between beach days in her bikini while on her honeymoon. Click through to see all the shots, and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for exciting news and exclusive photos!
While the ladies are usually the red carpet highlight of an award show, the Grammys wouldn't have been complete without its musical men. The Jonas Brothers continued their streak of going all out in tuxes, with Joe rocking an extra shiny jacket. Jay-Z also went formal as he gave a hug to his friend Chris Martin before they took the stage together inside the show. T.I. and Snoop mixed it up in their colorful blazers and sunglasses while John Mayer added a punch of purple to his black ensemble. Whether they walked away winners or not, the handsome men made it all the more fun.
To see a LOT more photos of all the guys at the Grammys, just read more
- For the fourth year in a row, Kenny Chesney won the award for entertainer of the year at the Academy of Country Music Awards, Billboard reports. He is now tied with Garth Brooks for the record.
- Sigourney Weaver will star in and produce a film for Lifetime called Prayers for Bobby, writes Zap2It.
- ComingSoon reports that Pierce Brosnan and Susan Sarandon will star together as parents in a family drama titled The Greatest.
- According to Hollywood Reporter, RDF USA has obtained the rights to the old game show Queen for a Day, with plans to pitch an updated version to networks.
- Producer Stephen Byrd is planning to make a film version of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with the all-black cast currently starring on Broadway, writes Variety.
- Billboard has the news that Neil Diamond's album Home Before Dark takes the top spot on the U.K. Billboard charts.
- According to an AOL poll, Carrie Underwood is the most popular American Idol, with Kelly Clarkson coming in second place, writes Hollywood Reporter.
- Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackoff will join the cast of Nip/Tuck, Zap2It reports.
- According to Variety, Cillian Murphy and Eddie Redmayne have joined the cast of White Male Heart.
I always look forward to the moment in the American Idol season where the contestants start singing two songs per night. Not only does it make the whole show move a lot faster, but it also demonstrates what the contestants can do under more pressure and given the chance to really show off different sides of their singing styles.
That said, Neil Diamond night was a mess — not the least because of Paula, who amazingly criticized Jason Castro for a song before he'd performed it. I'm sure she had notes from the dress rehearsal and whatnot, but still, it was the first time I think I've ever seen Seacrest rattled (his panicked look offstage was telling). Also, going through the first half of the show without judges' comments was an interesting choice, but it actually made the flow of the show feel even more rushed than it needed to be — and none of the contestants really got a meaningful critique on both songs.
Overall, I thought the night was just OK — no real standouts from the contestants at the top of the pecking order, no real challenges from those at the bottom. What did you think? Don't forget to tell me which singer you think is headed home, and to hear my take on their songs, just read more