When my sisters have approved a dope music video, I must deliver my take. Mimic cutie Karen O's makeup and learn via Buzz. Stay here for the fashion perspective on the Yeah Yeah Yeah's new video. The SF love continues . . . it's so cool to see Karen O — in her super studded "KO" bedazzled leather jacket and badass spiked leather gloves — trample my city. Dude, she even sings, "Get your leather, leather, leather on." And it's not all typical sunshine and fog, it's rain-drenched streets and confetti! Karen O seems to have matured a bit in both her style and her music, and I'm liking what I see and hear. Her moody style and the band's new wave sound remind me of Siouxsie & the Banshees. I'm a firm believer in the evolution of style, and I think we're witnessing a metamorphosis.
Color me totally biased: I like this video of Karen O dancing around the downtown streets of my home base, San Francisco. The video for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Zero" starts out at a music venue I know well called the Warfield, heads into the dressing room where the singer touches up her makeup and tosses on a pretty spectacular sparkly, studded leather jacket, and then breaks out of the venue as she boogies her way down sidewalks and atop cars.
Some reviewers have mixed feelings about the laid-back nature of Yeah Yeah Yeahs' new album (which is on sale digitally now) but I'm digging it so far. "Zero" is catchy and sort of a celebration about not being No. 1, which seems like a fun and low-pressure attitude. To check it out for yourself, read more
- You can now bid on this cheese costume — and lots of other parts of the Late Night With Conan O'Brien set. — TV Squad
- These Watchmen cupcakes are so cool (and tasty-looking . . .). — Cinematical
- What's the cover of Entertainment Weekly really saying? — The TV Addict
- Gotta love a good Family Guy spoof of the Christian Bale rant. — Popwatch
- Check out a new Yeah Yeah Yeah's track, "Zero." — Stereogum
- 10 TV-to-movie adaptations that were actually good. — Clique Clack TV
- Um, really, Robert Pattinson at the Oscars? — Vulture
- Speaking of which, plan an Oscars-viewing party with PartySugar! Today's helpful post: The nibbles. — YumSugar