The Heartbreak Kid definitely did not wow me as a movie, but I have to admit there are some beautiful settings where the mediocre setups and mildly amusing situations take place. Now, courtesy of Yahoo! Movies "Movie Traveler," we can find out more about the lovely locales featured in current movies. So far, we can check out the locations used in The Heartbreak Kid, from San Francisco all the way down to Cabo San Lucas. MTV personality Quddus provides a good-looking, if a little annoying narration as he guides us along the West coast, visiting signature spots used in the movie. Scenes from the film itself play between Quddus' adventures. Luckily, you don't have to have loved the movie to get a kick out of the places Quddus explores.
- The Game Plan came in first at the box office for the second week in a row this weekend. Ben Stiller's The Heartbreak Kid came in number two, only taking in a heartbreaking $14 million. - BuzzSugar
- Brothers and Sisters star Balthazar Getty and his wife welcomed their fourth child last week. Congrats — sounds like the Walkers aren't the only big family in Balthazar's life. - People
- Pete Doherty's rep has denied that the rocker tried to commit suicide after hearing of Kate Moss' new relationship. Considering that Pete is already engaged and Kate has moved on too, hopefully these two are done with each other once and for all. - BBC
- Montel Williams wed fiancée Tara Fowler in Bermuda this weekend. Congrats to the happy couple! - People
- Rapper Li'l Wayne was arrested early Saturday morning after his concert in Boise, Idaho and is now out on bail. There was a felony warrant out for his arrest after being caught with drugs in Georgia. Sounds like he didn't make it too hard for GA police to find him, following a tour schedule and all. - TMZ
The Farrelly Brothers and Ben Stiller are left broken hearted today after their bawdy comedy The Heartbreak Kid failed to draw in the masses at the theaters. Taking home just $14 million its opening weekend, The Heartbreak Kid came in second place at the box office, behind the family friendly Game Plan starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The Game Plan is enjoying its second weekend of being No. 1 at the box office after its successful opening weekend.
The Kingdom continued to do well with action flick fans, coming in third place with $9.3 million. Resident Evil: Extinction came in fourth place with newcomer The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising following up in No. 5. The George Clooney legal thriller Michael Clayton didn't thrill a whole lot of moviegoers; the movie came in twenty-first place with $704,000 for the weekend.
The Heartbreak Kid: Middle-of-the-Road Comedic Fluff When it comes to The Heartbreak Kid, here's the bottom line: If you loved Along Came Polly, chances are you'll probably enjoy The Heartbreak Kid. The two movies are very similar: Ben Stiller plays the lead and yet he's not the most interesting character by a long shot.
When it comes to The Heartbreak Kid, here's the bottom line: If you loved Along Came Polly, chances are you'll probably enjoy The Heartbreak Kid. The two movies are very similar: Ben Stiller plays the lead and yet he's not the most interesting character by a long shot. The female characters are far more compelling than he is and the male peripheral characters are way funnier. The premise includes comical misunderstandings and amusing misadventures. It's not bad. It's not exactly charming, either.
Stiller plays Eddie Cantrow, a commitmentphobe who meets Lila (Malin Akerman), the woman of his dreams, and impulsively marries her. While honeymooning in Cabo, however, Eddie sees another side of his new bride and discovers that she's a wild child with a sketchy past and an insatiable desire for rough sex. Moral of that story: talk to your fiancee about things like money and sex before taking the plunge. Seems easy enough. Anyway, in Cabo Eddie meets a real dreamgirl, Miranda (Michelle Monaghan), who is vacationing with her family. They hit it off, but Eddie refrains from telling Miranda and her fam that he's married. The lies! The lies are so funny! To find out more, read more
The following scene is from Ben Stiller's upcoming flick, The Heartbreak Kid. I must admit that even I am a bit hesitant to bring this topic up for discussion, but if Stiller and company have the nerve to throw it in theaters, then so be it. What exactly is a queef? Click here to find out. I cannot bring myself to tell you.
Last night in LA Ben Stiller and lots of cute ladies came out for the premiere of his latest comedy, The Heartbreak Kid. Christine Taylor looked beautiful in basic black along with her husband's costars Malin Akerman and Michelle Monaghan while Emmanuelle wins best dressed for standing out from the pack in her cute nude mini dress. The film reunites Stiller with The Farrelly Brothers (hello Something About Mary). Ben's been busy directing Tropic Thunder in Hawaii and just recast Owen's role with Matthew McConaughey. Ben recently talked to Ellen about his good friend and said, "He's doing really well. "I sort of like to protect his privacy, 'cause I feel like it's his own thing. But he's a really good friend of mine. He's an incredible guy and I wish him as everybody does, all the best."
Lots more pics including Larry David, Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller so just read more
Well it's post-Labor Day September, folks, so the summertime movie season is officially over. Now we have a whole new crop of films to check out in the coming chillier months, so in preparation for that, I'm giving you little glimpses of this fall and winter's must-see movies with my Fall Movie Preview series. Today's roundup includes the season's comedies that will hopefully be less funny-awkward and more funny-ha-ha.
Be Kind Rewind
While I think Jack Black's movies can be pretty hit-or-miss, the trailer for Be Kind Rewind made me laugh out loud. This was also due to Mos Def's natural comedic charm, however, so if this film is successful when it opens December 21, it will definitely be a team win. The story follows video store employees Jerry (Black) and Mike (Mos Def) whose videos all become erased. To appease the customers, the duo shoot brief, low-budget versions of the original movies which go on to become hugely popular in the town.
More chuckles if you read more
The best parts of the week were when you weighed in, so check out my polls:
- If Ocean needed a fourteenth person and that person were a woman, which lady could play Ocean's Fourteenth?
- Do you have any interest in Eli Roth's torture-horror film Hostel: Part II?
- Would you get busy with Seth Rogen? Yes, I mean in that way.
- What is this summer's song?
And in other news...
- Check out the top ten summer TV shows you should keep an eye on.
- Feist has a cool remix of her song "The Gatekeeper."
- Clive Owen is back to doing his "protect the baby" thing (and looks damn fine doing it, again) in Shoot 'Em Up.
- "Grey's Anatomy" fans: T.R. Knight will be back for another season along with a pay increase, while Isaiah Washington was just fired from the show. Tell me: Will you miss Dr. Burke?
- Both Rilo Kiley and The B52s are working on new albums! Separately, that is.
It may not be coming out until October, but the trailer for the Farrelly brothers' next movie The Heartbreak Kid recently hit the Web and has started to stir up some buzz. Ben Stiller is back to doing adult comedy again, and it looks like he's matured a bit lately. Actually, he looks a little tired. He plays commitment-phobic Eddie who decides to suddenly take the plunge and marry Lila (Malin Akerman), who seems like the perfect woman. Of course, nobody's perfect, though, and Eddie starts to discover his dream girl is more of a nightmare. Rob Corddry plays Eddie's supportive friend, which is awesome. To see a graying Ben Stiller still doing the rom-com thing, read more