- RIP, Blender magazine. — Lifeline Live
- Check out this interview with Sean Astin who voices a character on the Disney Channel's show Special Agent Oso. — lilsugar
- Sunday's New York Times article about the trio of female screenwriters, Diablo Cody, Lorene Scafaria, and Dana Fox: Super cool, or condescending because they're relegated to the Fashion & Style section? — Cinematical
- Why RuPaul's Drag Race is better than America's Next Top Model. — TV Squad
- Looks like 25-year-old runway model Noot Seear has nabbed the vampire vixen role in New Moon. — MTV Movies Blog
- American Idol contestants lip-sync their group numbers. So? — Vulture
- Oooh, new Death Cab for Cutie song, "I Was Once a Loyal Lover," available for listening. — Stereogum
- Can you link every band in the world to Pearl Jam? — Pop Candy
Parents who grew up watching Sean Astin in The Goonies, Where the Day Takes You and Rudy, can now tune in to his latest endeavor with their children. The actor is the voice of special agent-in-training, Oso, in the Disney Channel's new show Special Agent Oso, which premieres in April 4th. Oso, a panda bear, works for U.N.I.Q.U.E. (United Network for Investigating Quite Usual Events), an international organization of stuffed animals that helps kids accomplish simple tasks like making their bed or mailing a letter. I recently had the chance to chat with Astin, 38, who is also a director and father of three — Alexandra, 12, Elizabeth, 6, and Isabella, 3.
lilsugar: You said that when you saw the animation of the character, Oso, you felt it reflected you — how so?
Sean Astin: Well, just the look of him. I mean I see myself. I'm not a lean, mean marathon runner. I run and occasionally, I slim down, but he's cute, he's cuddly, you know? He's me — ask anyone who's ever met me.
To see what the proud papa had to say about fatherhood and his career, read more
- Meet the new Dancing With the Stars contestants and pros — including So You Think You Can Dance's Lacey Schwimmer as the newest pro! — The Futon Critic
- Jodi Benson, the voice of Ariel in Disney's The Little Mermaid, will be voicing Barbie in Toy Story 3 with Michael Keaton voicing Ken. In related news, Kristen Bell will voice the female lead in Astro Boy. — ComingSoon
- Fox will stream the Fringe and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles premieres for college students. — Zap2it
- Makeup artists will compete on Lifetime's show Blush, a companion to Project Runway. — Variety
- Sean Astin, Celia Weston, and Sara Foster are joining Michael Vartan and David Cross in the indie comedy Demoted. — Hollywood Reporter
- Barenaked Ladies singer Ed Robertson survived a plane crash in Ontario. — E! Online
- Michael Phelps already has a book deal; his memoir is due out around the holidays. — Variety
- The creator of Skins wants to do a show about 10- to 15-year-olds next. — The Guardian
Hilary Duff Joins Cast of Stay Cool Stay Cool, a comedy by twin brothers Michael and Mark Polish (The Astronaut Farmer, Northfork) just added Hilary Duff (who stays cool this summer in real life by going shopping) to the cast, which already included Chevy Chase, Jon Cryer, Winona Ryder and Sean Astin.
Everyone's favorite yearbook line. . .
Stay Cool, a comedy by twin brothers Michael and Mark Polish (The Astronaut Farmer, Northfork) just added Hilary Duff (who stays cool this summer in real life by going shopping) to the cast, which already included Chevy Chase, Jon Cryer, Winona Ryder and Sean Astin.
How cool is this character name?
Duff's character is named Shasta O'Neill in the movie, which has been deemed a "knowing-your-age comedy." It follows "a successful author (Polish) who is forced to confront an unrequited high school crush (Ryder) when he returns home to deliver a commencement address to graduating seniors." Shasta (seriously, that name!) is "a sexy high school senior who flirts with the visiting author and invites him to the prom."
When do you think Hilary Duff will stop getting the "sexy ____" roles?
She was recently seen in War, Inc. opposite John Cusack as the "sexy international pop starlet" and now she's going back to high school as a sexy student. I guess use it if you got it. . . ?
The Broadway smash hit Wicked has found a new home in LA. Halle, Jennifer, Rosario and many more were on hand for its opening night at the Pantages Theatre. We're sure the show is going to be a big hit on the west coast as well. Last summer it was completely sold out when it came to LA for a short 7 week run. Obviously it's already quite popular with the Hollywood set.
For more pics including Sean Astin, Shannon Elizabeth, Angela Basset, Victor Garber, and Patricia Heaton just read more