Beyoncé is raising her voice for women's empowerment once again — find out how in today's headlines. Plus, what award do Lena Dunham, Louis C.K., and Lorne Michaels now share? And check out The Wolverine's first full-length trailer and more!
Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan were among the honorees at yesterday's 71st Peabody Awards in NYC. The pair happily accepted the bronze award on behalf of the groundbreaking documentary they produced, Earth Made of Glass. Backstage during the show, Jenna talked to reporters about the film, saying, "It's nice to be recognized for a project that we feel we're really proud of . . . I think it has a great message, and it's nice just to get that awareness out."
This could be the first of many trophies for Channing this year. In addition to six Teen Choice nominations for his work in The Vow and 21 Jump Street, he's also up for multiple MTV Movie Award nominations including best kiss, best male performance, best fight, and best cast. Channing's hot body is also getting lots of recognition in the latest Magic Mike trailer. His hot dance moves and shirtless scenes are a hit with fans, and he's quickly rising the ranks in this year's PopSugar 100. Channing's a true contender to capture the title, though he's going to have to unseat Robert Pattinson if he wants to win. There's still time to vote for Channing, Jenna, Rob, and all your favorite stars. It's simple: just log in to your PopSugar account and play our PopSugar 100 faceoff game for a chance to win $2,500!
- "Friday Night Lights," "The Office," "Ugly Betty," and "Scrubs" are among the Peabody Award winners, Zap2it reports.
- The AP reports that Keith Richards was joking about snorting his dad, but here's the original NME interview if you're curious.
- Tony Bennett is too sick to perform on "American Idol" tonight, according to Access Hollywood.
- Speaking of "Idol," the "American Idol" songwriting contest is for real, writes USA Today — and the deadline is less than two weeks away.
- Tim McGraw lands his fourth No. 1 album on the Billboard charts.
- The AP reports that Martin Scorsese is going to teach a moviemaking class at Cannes.
- The Futon Critic says Bravo is developing a photography competition show called "The Money Shot, which sounds like the paparazzi Olympics.
- Milo Ventimiglia of "Heroes" will put his furrowed brow to further use in horror-thriller Pathology, says Hollywood Reporter.
- The New York Daily News reports from the set of "Lipstick Jungle."