- Alfre Woodard will play Christian Slater's boss on NBC's series My Own Worst Enemy, writes the Hollywood Reporter.
- The indie film Nailed, starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel, has stopped production for the fourth time, citing more financial problems, Variety reports.
- The Financial Times is reporting that there could be a Beatles edition of Guitar Hero or Rock Band.
- Katie Cassidy won't be returning to Supernatural, TV Guide reports.
- Jennifer Egan's novel The Keep will be adapted for the big screen, writes ComingSoon.
- Billboard is reporting the news that Amy Winehouse has emphysema, according to her father.
- You can now watch full episodes of ABC shows on Veoh.com, Reuters reports.
- Blake Lewis is the latest American Idol contestant to lose his record deal, according to the New York Post.
- After three and a half years of marriage starting with a very public wedding, Star Jones has filed for divorce from Al Reynolds. — ET Online
- Hillary Clinton defeated Barack Obama in yesterday's crucial Pennsylvania Presidential primary, giving her campaign much-needed momentum as they move towards the Indiana and North Carolina races on May 6. — CitizenSugar
- James Caan has quit the film Nailed after a disagreement with controversial director David O. Russell over how to properly act out choking on a cookie. — Hollywood Reporter
- At 15 years old, Miley Cyrus has signed a seven-figure deal with the Disney Book Group to write her autobiography. — People
- Yankees star Alex Rodriguez and his wife Cynthia welcomed their second daughter on Monday night in Miami. — lilsugar
- In other book news, Amy Winehouse and her jailed husband Blake Fielder-Civil have apparently been offered nearly $2 million by Penguin Publishing to write a memoir about their chaotic marriage. — PopSugarUK
- Pasha Grishuk, a gold-medal winning Olympic ice dancer from Russia, called the Monarch Beach, CA, police after she noticed a GHB pill — the "date rape drug" — dissolving in her wine while dining with a business associate. She was taken to a hospital and released, and an investigation into the incident continues. — AP
We wouldn't have pegged Jake Gyllenhaal as a personal umbrella holder kind of guy, but there it was yesterday on the set of Nailed in Columbia, SC. It's a little silly, but his hands are full and he does have that injury that has had him using crutches recently. Joining Jake on set was his co-star Jessica Biel, looking so much better with darker hair, who kept busy playing with her dog Tina in-between takes. The plot of this movie sounds bizarre, but hopefully these two will make it worth seeing.
Lots more of Jake and Jess so read more
The title of this post is scandalous and strange, but so is this film news. Al Gore's daughter Kristin Gore is co-writing a screenplay titled Nailed (not based on either of her novels Sammy's Hill or Sammy's House). Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel are attached to star together in the movie.
Here's the plot: "Biel would play Sammy Joyce, a socially awkward small-town receptionist who has a nail accidentally shot into her head by a clumsy workman, eliciting wild sexual urges. The uninsured Joyce goes on a crusade to Washington to fight for the rights of the bizarrely injured. She meets an immoral congressman (Gyllenhaal) who takes advantage of her sex drive and capitalizes on her crusade as Joyce heads into her own career in politics."
I'm picturing something along the lines of Secretary, sort of dark and bizarre and sexual, but Jessica Biel is no Maggie Gyllenhaal. I'm curious to find out how Kristin Gore's foray into screenwriting goes. What do you think of this movie news?