This week Kate Hudson and John Krasinski took their work to the beach, Matt LeBlanc endured the overcast London weather on set and Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon started filming Water for Elephants in Fillmore, CA. Check out the rest of this week's stars on set!
I was ultracurious about how former Friend Matt LeBlanc would do on Showtime's scripted comedy Episodes when the project was announced a couple months ago. Lucky me, that curiosity was sated at the Winter TCA, when Showtime debuted a promo for the show.
Though it doesn't include any actual footage from the the series, this satirical clip shows LeBlanc being forced to audition for the role of a lifetime: himself. And you know what? It's pretty hilarious. If this an indication of the irreverence that Episodes will display weekly, count me in. I'm also really digging the salt-and-pepper hair LeBlanc's rocking, not to mention his reaction to finding out that he's actually the show's punchline.
Matt LeBlanc's career hasn't exactly been blossoming since his days as Joey Tribbiani, but Friends fans will be happy to know that he's returning to the small screen on a new Showtime comedy called Episodes. The show focuses on a British couple who find their successful show in the UK adapted into a "dumbed-down" American sitcom starring LeBlanc, which means he'll be playing himself on the show.
With popular BBC shows like The Office and Skins adapted for American audiences, the premise for Episodes is timely and sounds like it has the potential to be pretty funny. Plus, LeBlanc poking fun at himself just might be gold — are you excited to welcome him back to TV?
After the success of the Sex and the City movie, we weren't that surprised to hear the rumor resurface that Friends could be the next TV show to hit the big screen. There's been talk of the project for years, but Jennifer Aniston supposedly hadn't expressed enough interest in doing the film until now. Friends is still one of our favorite shows ever, but do you think it's a good idea to make it a movie?
I know, it's hard to believe, but we love cookies here at the Sugar HQ. We talked about them for so long on Friday, that I ended up doing a YouTube search to find old cookie commercials. I was sorting through the odds and ends — strangely there are a ton of homemade cookie commercials on YouTube — when I came across this one from Mother's Cookies. It's about Mother's Cookies — you know you love those Circus Animals — joining forces with ice cream, and it features Friends' Matt LeBlanc. If you don't believe me, watch the commercial yourself, just read more
Every Wednesday on BuzzSugar, I post a Recast challenge, where I ask you to choose new actors for a classic TV show or movie. The reader who submits the best cast wins a BuzzSugar t-shirt!
Most of all, I loved the suggestions put forth this week for recasting the role of Angela Bower's mom, Mona Robinson. I would love to see all these fantastic actresses play this role! Check out some of my favorite Mona ideas:
Fierce ladies, all! I also like the idea of Felicity Huffman playing Angela, as suggested by jlynn122, and I think Ellen Page would make a very cool Samantha, which kersalli cleverly thought up. Overall, though, my favorite recast list this week comes from audreystar! To see who audreystar picked along with a new cast photo, read more
- Amy Winehouse's concerned in-laws are asking that her fans boycott buying her records until she and her husband can get medical treatment for their drug addictions. At this point, we're in favor of any tactic that would prevent her from hurting herself any further. - BBC News
- Matt LeBlanc's former manager of one year has filed a suit claiming that LeBlanc owes her around $1 million dollars for career advice she continued to give him after they parted ways. Sounds like she should've gotten a more iron-clad contract for those later years. - TMZ
- Apparently Nick Hogan was cited earlier this month for speeding and driving without wearing his seat belt. We're hoping his accident from the other night was a wake up call for his reckless behavior. - The Smoking Gun
- Oliver Hudson and his wife Erinn Bartlett welcomed their first son, Wilder Brooks, last Thursday. Congrats to the happy couple and their famous family! - E! Online
- Danny DeVito will be the first guest on the upcoming season premiere of The View, where Whoopi will be making her official start as a regular host. Hopefully he spends the night before with Clooney and limoncello to make Whoopi's first show that much more interesting. - TMZ