As Alaric, Matt Davis may have met his end on The Vampire Diaries, but the actor is back tonight on the CW's newest drama, Cult. Matt stars in the small-screen thriller as an investigative journalist. When his brother goes missing, he discovers that a TV series about a creepy-but-charismatic leader and his followers — and the show's obsessive real-life fans — might be behind the disappearance. During our chat, Matt gave us some clues as to how the mystery will unfold this season, weighed in on whether there's any possibility that Alaric will return to The Vampire Diaries, and talked about a cause close to his heart: saving rhinos from poaching. Cult premieres on the CW tonight at 9 p.m./8 p.m. Central. On Lindsay: H&M jacket.
The Vampire Diaries returns March 15, and Saturday night the entire cast reunited in LA at PaleyFest to chat with fans and preview the upcoming new episode. We chatted with Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, and the rest of the Mystic Falls crew before they hit the stage, and they gave us some interesting insight into Damon, Elena, and Stefan's love triangle as well as what might happen to Klaus — stay tuned for more on PopSugar Rush! Once the panel got moving it was clear they weren't giving away too many spoilers, but the group did deliver some great jokes and stories. Here are the best quotes from the panel!
- "Do you think Klaus has a Match.com profile?" — Wesley to Candice Accola following her description of Caroline and Kalus's relationship
- "I love that their relationship is based on manipulation on both of their parts." — Accola, on Klaus and Caroline
- "Two words: casting couch." — Somerhalder, joking how Wesley's real-life wife, Torrey DeVitto, landed her role
- "Damon's no more good than Stefan is evil." — Executive producer Julie Plec, on Damon and Stefan
- "You have to piss people off to make it good." — Somerhalder, on trying to please fans and keep the show exciting
- "[The goal is] to make them both lovable, and hateable, and killable!" — Dobrev, on playing Katherine and Elena
- "Never underestimate the power of the iPhone." — Somerhalder taking photos of fans in the audience
- "That's her rock. I don't think she believes Elena did anything to sabotage her mother." — Kat Graham, on Bonnie's relationship with Elena
- "It's like every woman in my life." — Somerhalder, on Damon being tortured by Rebecca
- "I think I'm going for a Guinness world record." — Matt Davis, on the number of times Alaric has been killed
Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, and Paul Wesley joined the rest of The Vampire Diaries cast in LA Saturday night for a PaleyFest Q&A panel. Before fans were treated to an exclusive peek at the next episode, we caught up with the stars backstage — stay tuned for more on PopSugar Rush! The actors agreed that though they all love Joseph Morgan, who plays Klaus, it seems Joseph's final days on the program could be near. Candice Accola, Nina, and Ian also shared their wishes to take the show to the tropics. A sunny beach location seems unlikely for vampires, but Candice wants to give Ian more opportunities to take his shirt off.
The show's creator Julie Plec tiptoed around upcoming storylines, but admitted she'd love to see a musical episode if it made sense. By the end of the season, Nina's character, Elena, will be forced to choose between her two loves, but no word on which brother she picks. Ian and Paul kept the crowd laughing throughout the night, and we've rounded up the top 10 quotes from the Vampire Diaries PaleyFest panel.
The Vampire Diaries hinted at season two at the show's panel at Comic-Con, but when I sat down with each of the stars, they divulged even more goodies about their characters and what lies ahead! Matt Davis opened up about Alaric's bromance with Damon, Nina Dobrev spoke about playing two very different women, and writer Kevin Williamson revealed exactly when the next flashback episode will take place. Take a look — and try not to get compelled by Ian Somerhalder's deep, blue-eyed gaze.
Get Your Bloodsucking Video Fix — True Blood and The Vampire Diaries Stars Spill Secrets at Comic-Con!
The pretty young things of The Vampire Diaries and the sexy True Blood cast were all in San Diego over the weekend for Comic-Con, and we're rolling out even more exclusive goodies from our two favorite bloodsucking TV shows. Both series' panels also made Buzz's top 10 moments from the weekend, so here's the juicy tidbits straight from the stars. Check out Ian Somerhalder's thoughts about his character's big love and see Nina Dobrev gush about getting to play both Katherine and Elena. Plus, after the jump Rutina Wesley and Nelsan Ellis talk about True Blood's twists and turns this year.