This is one of those ideas that starts out great. Combine footage and lyrics from one classic, Gilligan's Island, with the music from another classic, Stairway to Heaven. Giggling (at least for me) gave way to the feeling that this ganja-inspired (I'm guessing) mashup was a little too spooky for my tastes. But why don't you just sit right back and you'll hear a tale. . .
- Couldn't be at the Led Zeppelin reunion show in London last night?
- Couldn't be at the Led Zeppelin reunion show in London last night? Vulture has cell phone footage of the performance of "Stairway to Heaven."
- Popwatch confesses to having some "pop culture blind spots," like the movie All About Eve and Bruce Springsteen in general. What are yours?
- Want to know the top 50 American Idol finalists right now? You might be able to do that; TV Squad explains how.
- Cinematical has heard it through the grapevine that the A-Team movie is a go, and that there is even a director on board.
- The MTV Movies Blog has perhaps the most awkward interview ever, and it's with James Franco.
- TV Cocktail remembers when Heidi from The Hills was nice.
- Stereogum has a great video of Dewey Cox covering Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" live.
- TV with MeeVee has discovered that the boys from Psych are getting animated.
- The Amazing Race is getting a 13th season, Variety says.
- Cary Elwes (a.k.a. Westley in The Princess Bride) has joined the cast of Robert Zemeckis' digital 3-D version of A Christmas Carol, writes ComingSoon.
- Stanley Tucci will join Amy Adams and Meryl Streep in the Julia Child movie Julie and Julia, Variety reports.
- VH1 has a whole bunch of new reality shows in the pipeline, writes The Hollywood Reporter, including one in which contestants act out the sins of telenovelas and a female version of The White Rapper Show called Miss Rap Supreme.
- Paste brings word that free download of Radiohead's In Rainbows expires today.
- USA Today reports on the bizarre news that CBS and the New England Patriots are opening a restaurant together.
- According to the AP, Led Zeppelin is taking the stage tonight in London for the first time since 1980.
- Winona Ryder will play the mother to Zachary Quinto's Spock in the new Star Trek movie, Zap2it reports.
- It's looking like Jay-Z will have his 10th No. 1 album when sales are reported next week, according to Billboard.
- E! reports that Showtime wants a third season of Dexter.
- Mark Wahlberg will star in Max Payne, a big-screen adaptation of the video game, according to Variety.
- Laila Ali and Hulk Hogan will share hosting duties for the new American Gladiators, People reports.
- A&E is planning a reality show where celebrities throw garage sales, hosted by Illeana Douglas, writes the Hollywood Reporter.
- NME reports that satellite radio listeners can now tune into a channel completely devoted to Led Zeppelin.
- Fox is working on a new comedy starring Bernie Mac, Variety reports.
- Heath Ledger has been spotted making out and hanging out around NYC with Helena Christensen. We can't imagine Michelle will be excited to hear about this. - Page Six
- James Frey is working on another book to be published by HarperCollins. He's already calling it a fiction novel, but we're not sure how many former fans are ready to give him a second chance. - Reuters
- Led Zeppelin will be reuniting for a one night concert in London, drawing the attention of over 20 million fans. Maybe they should consider doing an entire tour. - BBC News
- Despite recent rumors, Foxy Brown's manager has announced that Foxy is not pregnant. That's probably for the best considering she'll be in jail for the next year. - AP
- In her new book, Celebrity Detox, Rosie O'Donnell reveals that she used baseball bats and wooden hangers to break her hands and fingers as a child. Hopefully Rosie has been able to overcome this heartbreaking issue. - Fox News
Hey gang - Get excited because FitSugar is coming soon! See below for a sneak peek:
Jessica Biel spends a lot of time walking her dogs. Maybe she is doing it to relieve some of the stresses of being named Sexiest Woman Alive.
Here are some tips for simple ways to lower your stress to a level that you (and everyone else around you) can handle:
- Take Fido for a nice long walk. Your adorable four-legged companion is desperate to spend time with you so go outside to make both of you happier. Besides, Fido makes you smile, that is why you got a dog in the first place, right?
- Antioxidants, antioxidants, antioxidants! A big ‘ole glass of pomegranate juice or green tea is not only delicious and de-stressing, but it also detoxifies. What’s better than that?
- Get off your butt! Kinetics generate positive energy. If you’re feeling stressed, hop on the treadmill and tune your iPod to motivating music…try Led Zeppelin’s Ramble On to keep you rambling on.
- Write in a journal. Get your thoughts out in a personal way. Sometimes it just helps to have your thoughts, worries and stresses out there. Don’t forget to include all your fabulous happenings too!
- A quick and easy de-stressor that everyone should have on hand is Bach Rescue Remedy. A few quick drops of this gentle flower essence under the tongue or in a small glass of water will bring anyone’s stress level down. You can use it on your dog, your children, your husband… the options are endless. A bonus is that it’s small enough that I always carry a bottle in my purse.
Want to have Jessica Biel's body but don't know how to get it? Need to learn how to de-stress the healthy way? Itching to discuss whether eating organic is worth it or totally over-hyped? Read about all of this and more on our next site, FitSugar!
FitSugar is coming soon. Sign up to recieve an email notification as soon as we launch!