- Freddie Prinze Jr. is hopping to an ABC comedy pilot called No Heroics, which is based on a comic series and revolves around a team of B-list superheroes living in our world. Prinze's role is Bradley (superhero name: Ultimatum), the tormenter of the B-list squad's leader: "An A-list superhero, Bradley is a handsome, cocky and egotistical Alpha male who has all the women and fame and money a guy could want." It could be his first regular TV role since the short-lived Freddie, and it makes him the second TV star of the family this season, since Sarah Michelle Gellar is starring in the HBO comedy pilot The Wonderful Maladys.
- Meet Michael Rady's new on-screen fiancee: Jessica Lucas has joined the cast of the new Melrose Place spinoff as Riley Richmond, an inner-city elementary school teacher who's having second thoughts about her upcoming marriage to Rady's Jonah. You may recognize her from Cloverfield or as the undercover cop from the 90210 spinoff.
- Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum and Heroes's Nick D'Agosto (who won me over in Rocket Science) will be playing brothers in an untitled NBC comedy pilot that revolves around a family.
- Mad Men's Bobbie Barrett, Melinda McGraw, will star opposite Kelsey Grammer in ABC's comedy pilot about a Wall Street tycoon who loses his job and must reconnect with his family.
- Hotness alert! Just after casting Alex O'Loughlin, the CBS drama Three Rivers has added The L Word's Katherine Moening to its cast.
- Fresh off My Own Worst Enemy, Alfre Woodard will play a heart surgeon and mentor to the main character on Fox's Maggie Hill.
The newest round of casting news includes a new role for a former 90210-er and a project that could put Freddie Prinze Jr. back on TV at the same time as wife Sarah Michelle Gellar, so read on!