The Oscar nominations will be announced on Tuesday morning, but until it's official, I'm trying my hand at my own predictions of who I think will get a nod this year. I've already tackled the major acting categories, so now I'm moving on to the people behind the scenes: the directors.
Style expert Louise Roe breaks down Diane Kruger’s white hot Hervé Léger body-con dress and sexy Pucci stilletto combo at the 2010 People’s Choice Awards. She accessorized with a beautiful Bottega Veneta clutch and rockin H&M bangles. We hear from Diane on her red carpet style and what we can expect to see her rocking at future award shows. She even tells us her secret for getting red carpet ready!
Brad Pitt and his mustache filmed scenes for Inglorious Bastards with Quentin Tarantino in Berlin earlier this week before being spotted back in Hollywood last night. With Angelina's surprise appearance in LA on Tuesday and trip to Afghanistan, the family is bouncing all over the world as usual. Wyclef Jean said his wife and daughter recently had a playdate with the Jolie-Pitts in California and that Knox "has Brad's energy." Sounds like Angie and Brad's love of relocating isn't the only thing the kids will be learning from mom and dad.
To see more photos of Brad and Quentin, just read more
In recent weeks, both Brad Pitt and George Clooney have been showing off some new facial hair for their respective movie roles. George Clooney relaxes pool side while in Puerto Rico to film Men Who Stare at Goats. Brad Pitt is seen here posing regally on the set of Inglorious Bastards, the new Quentin Tarantino movie. While it seems that most of you don't love a man with a mustache, check out these two handsome movie stars and tell us — who wears the mustache better, George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
Brad Pitt and Quentin Tarantino joined the rest of the guys from Inglorious Bastards for dinner at the aptly named Tarantino's restaurant in Berlin last night. Unfortunately, no Diane Kruger this time. Brad showed off his mustache for the role — who wore it better, Brad or George Clooney? — though you can get a much better first look at him in character here. While we're excited to hear more about this unique-sounding project, Brad's already signed on for another one. He'll be starring in a big screen adaptation of The Odyssey, set in space. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out and where the Jolie-Pitt family will be packing up and moving next to join dad on set.
Images include: Til Schweiger, Brad Pitt, Quentin Tarantino, Bruno Eyron
- Michael Showalter and Michael Ian Black are filming a pilot for Comedy Central. — Zap2it
- Mike Myers is joining the peculiar cast (Brad Pitt, Simon Pegg, Eli Roth, B.J. Novak) for Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards. — ComingSoon
- A Rock and Roll Hall of Fame annex will open in downtown Manhattan. — Billboard
- Sigourney Weaver will play a therapist on Eli Stone, while Audrina Patridge will guest-star on Do Not Disturb. — TV Guide
- Liam Neeson and possibly Javier Bardem will join Orlando Bloom in the untitled dramatic film about Sarajevo. — Variety
- David Duchovny and Tea Leoni will star together in the comedy Born to Rock. — Hollywood Reporter
- Director Matthew Vaughn will direct an adaptation of the comic book Kick-Ass, with Christopher Mintz-Plasse in negotiations to star. — ComingSoon
- Singer/songwriter Jackson Browne is suing John McCain and the Republican party for using his song "Running on Empty" in a TV commercial. — Billboard
- Claire Danes will play Temple Grandin in an HBO biopic. — Hollywood Reporter
It seems that the rumors have proved to be true, Brad Pitt will star in Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards. As Variety reports, the film, which seems like a slight departure from Tarantino's normal fare, is a WWII drama in which Pitt will play a "Tennessee hillbilly who assembles a team of eight Jewish-American soldiers to take on the Nazis." Interestingly, Pitt's part will also be one of the film's few English-speaking roles, as the majority of it will be shot in French or German with English subtitles.
In addition to the other rumor, that Leonardo DiCaprio is still slated to join, several other actors are now suspected to be cast. Nastassja Kinski may play one of the movie's few female characters, with Simon Pegg in talks to portray a British lieutenant and David Krumholtz (Benji from Superbad) and B.J. Novak (The Office) potentially joining as members of Pitt's army.
This is certainly turning into an interesting project. I'm a fan of Tarantino's work, and with Pitt on board, I'm even more excited. How about you?
- Jewel eloped to the Bahamas, marrying her longtime boyfriend Ty Murray in a private ceremony yesterday. — People
- Clay Aiken's best friend, who was pregnant with his child, gave birth to a baby boy early this morning in North Carolina. — WRAL News
- Brad Pitt officially signed on as the lead in Quentin Tarantino's new movie, Inglorious Bastards. Simon Pegg, Eli Roth, and BJ Novak are also in talks to star in the movie. — BuzzSugar
- Season four of So You Think You Can Dance crowned a winner last night, what do you think of the results? — BuzzSugar
- Mariah Carey is planning a big party in the Hamptons this month to celebrate her wedding to Nick Cannon. — Page Six
- After 14 months and 150 shows, The Police's comeback tour came to a close last night at Madison Square Garden. — AP
- Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger will be back in court on Monday for another custody related hearing. — E! Online
- Candy Spelling is planning on writing a tell-all book. — ET Online
- Mark Ruffalo will make his directorial debut on the film Sympathy for Delicious, which will also star James Franco, writes ComingSoon.
- The novel The Dogs of Babel will be adapted for the big screen, Variety reports.
- A new Parents Television Council study has found that TV portrays sex between married people as boring, TV Week reports.
- AMC is developing a new political thriller TV series about a "secret society that controls the world's political stage," TV Guide reports.
- According to E! Online, Kevin Smith has won his appeal to get an R rating (rather than NC-17) for his raunchy comedy Zack and Miri Make a Porno.
- Hollywood Reporter has the news that the spoof book Drink, Play, F@#K will be made into a movie.
- Variety writes that DreamWorks has taken down the Tropic Thunder promotional website simplejackmovie.com for being offensive to the mentally challenged.
- Eli Roth, director of the Hostel movies, will star in Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards, reports Zap2It.
- Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio may star together in Quentin Tarantino's movie Inglorious Bastards, according to Variety.
- ComingSoon reports that Diablo Cody will develop a comedic movie script based on an idea that Steven Spielberg came up with, though no further plot details are available to us at the moment.
- Tween alert! The Desperate Housewives kids have officially been recast, writes the Hollywood Reporter.
- Autumn Reeser is one of three additions to the cast of Valentine, Inc., a show about Greek gods living among us that will air on the CW this Fall, writes Zap2it.
- According to Variety, Danny DeVito will direct The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, with Morgan Freeman, Pierce Brosnan and Saoirse Ronan starring.
- The Hollywood Reporter has the scoop on The World's Greatest Dad, an indie comedy in which Robin Williams will star as that great dad.
- The Letters from a Nut books, in which a guy writes angry letters to various corporations, are being developed into a TV series for Fox, Reuters reports.
- Actor Justin Theroux may be writing the script for Iron Man 2, writes Zap2It.
- William Petersen is leaving CSI, The Associated Press reports.