Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder gathered his friends in Waikiki over the weekend to celebrate as he tied the knot with longtime girlfriend Jill McCormick. Tim Robbins was called upon to perform the ceremony, but the real action took place yesterday afternoon at the beach. Gabby Reece broke out her bikini to swim with her shirtless husband, Laird Hamilton, and musician Jack Johnson showed off his own six-pack while swimming with his daughter. Click through to see Eddie's tropical wedding weekend!
Having children changes most people, but Eddie Vedder's daughter, Olivia, has made him a better man. The political and environmental activist once told reporters that having her made him angry at the state of the world. He said:
All of a sudden, I saw the world as her world that they were [messing] with. That really pissed me off.
The four-year-old beauty sat with her stunning model mom, Jill McCormick, in the audience at the 2008 VH1 Rock Honors recently to watch her daddy perform. The musician and his daughter share the same intense eyes and sweet smile. Hopefully she also inherited his passion for life and of course, those incredible vocal cords.
- The Golden Globes ceremony may have been canceled, but you can still weigh in on who you want to win in the categories, as well as fill out a Globes ballot with your predictions and be entered to win a year of entertainment! And if you're still having a Golden Globes party, check out my printable ballot.
- Cashmere Mafia premiered this week, to not-so-great ratings. What do you think about the show, love it or leave it? And some people thought the second episode was better than the first. How many chances do you give a show before tuning out?
- Speaking of awards, this week also brought us the Critics Choice Awards and the People's Choice Awards, along with the announcement of the Directors Guild of America nominees.
- I got to chat with Simon Cowell this week, so check out what he had to say about the upcoming season of American Idol.
- The video for Eddie Vedder's song Guaranteed, from the movie Into the Wild, is lovely.
- This picture of Teri Hatcher on Desperate Housewives is hilarious on its own, but can you think of a funny caption for it?
- Want to weigh in on this week's episodes of Desperate Housewives, Project Runway, Gossip Girl and Grey's Anatomy? For most of these, it's the last time to discuss a new episode, so chat it up!
Eddie Vedder's haunting and soulful tunes are laced throughout Sean Penn's drama Into the Wild, bringing a dimension and beauty to Christopher McCandless' journey in ways that dialogue or silent images probably could not have achieved alone. A video recently surfaced for one of Vedder's songs for the film, "Guaranteed," and to watch it is to be launched right back to the emotional experience of watching this poignant movie.
The video mainly consists of Vedder and his guitar, lit up on an otherwise darkened stage while still pictures from the movie float around him. The song alone is lovely, but paired with the images it's quite moving. To see the video and hear Eddie Vedder's "Guaranteed," read more
If you're shopping for the boy cousins this season, check out these suggestions in today's holiday gift guide.
Without even knowing your boy cousin's age or interests, the Transformers DVD is a fairly safe bet. With all the special features, it actually is more than meets the eye.
As with the brotherly gift guide, your boy cousins might like to read the Jon Krakauer book Into the Wild, on which the Sean Penn film is based. Also, check out the soundtrack to this movie, featuring some really good music by Eddie Vedder.
And if your cousin is a Lost fan, take a look at the Dharma bar ware, available on ABC's website. It's a little something to remind him of the island until Lost returns (or maybe doesn't) in Feburary.
We all have a favorite celebrity that we love to obsess over but not everyone would be willing to go to the lengths that user AccordingtoTalia did to meet hers. When Talia heard that Eddie Vedder was going to be at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in NY she proceeded to sneak, beg and finagle herself into the press room and beyond to meet the man of her dreams. To read about her entire adventure and see more pics with SNL's Andy Samberg and Fred Armisen just click here.
We love hearing about your Celebrity Sightings so keep them coming. They're easy to do and we always feature our favorites on PopSugar.