From David Cook's rockin' rendition of "Billie Jean" to Kris Allen's unique take on Kanye West's hit "Heartless,” American Idol has given us some great stage shows over the years. Check out the countdown of the Top 10 Most Unforgettable Performances to see where our favorites ranked!
Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz took a family trip to the park with Bronx yesterday in NYC. Pete has been on daddy duty ever since Ashlee started on Broadway, but they were able to enjoy the park together before Ashlee went to work, and Pete headed to a We The Kings album release party with David Cook. One of Ashlee's biggest fans, sister Jessica, was recently in town to support Ashlee's Chicago debut but is making her own headlines by being romantically linked with Billy Corgan — a relationship she is supposedly taking very slowly.
More Ashlee, Pete, and Bronx when you read more
- David Cook slips on stage, oops — Seriously?
- David Cook slips on stage, oops — Seriously? OMG! WTF?
- M.I.A. gave birth to a baby boy on Wednesday — PopSugar UK
- Friday the 13th scored the top spot ahead of HJNTIY at the box office — BuzzSugar
- Is Kate Moss three months pregnant? — Celebitchy
- Jessica Simpson might be planning a full-figured clothing line — I'm Not Obsessed
- Heidi Klum didn't know modeling was a job growing up — Fox Pop Tarts
- Rihanna's father speaks about her alleged assault — Wonderwall
- Chris Brown's dad says his son is remorseful — Popeater
- Jennifer Hudson will sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl on Feb. 1, her first public performance since her family members' deaths. — E! Online
- The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus will be performing at a concert for children the night before Barack Obama's inauguration, and it will air on Disney. — AP
- Former American Idol contestants Kimberly Caldwell and David Cook have ended their relationship. The couple split right before Christmas, supposedly because David felt tied down. — Us Weekly
- Oprah praised Kate Winslet for her "real breasts" when the Golden Globe winner appeared on her show and discussed how to tell when breasts are fake. — Oprah
- American Idol's new judge, Kara DioGuardi, got engaged to her boyfriend Mike McCuddy in December while they were in Mexico. — Entertainment Tonight
- Backstreet Boy Howie Dorough announced that he and his wife Leigh are expecting their first baby together in June. — People
The guys were left to their own devices on the red carpet at the American Music Awards last night, but there weren't many surprises. Boy bands NKOTB and the Jonas Brothers never miss an opportunity to show off their formal wear, while Nick Lachey got suited up to publicly pose with Vanessa. Chris Brown mixed funky and classy with his leather jacket and bow tie, while Kanye and his tail managed to stand out without getting dressed up. While their performances were the highlights of the night, it's always fun to see what the guys pull out of their closets for the photo ops.
According to these teen girls, the wrong David won the most recent American Idol. Watch the horror show as they discover that David Cook rather than David Archuleta wins. (I feel your pain, you guys. I felt the same way when my corner store stopped carrying wasabi-flavored Funyuns.)
Tuesdays are big in entertainmentville: Not only do all the new DVD releases hit Netflix, but new music also pours into stores, including iTunes. So I take a spin through each week's iTunes music releases and pick out some albums and tracks worthy of a download. In addition to my picks below, you can also download David Cook's self-titled debut album. Here's what's on my list this week:
Queen of fierce: Beyonce's third album, out today, is actually two discs (which is somewhat meaningless to us downloaders). The first 10 songs or so are all ballads sung from the heart by Beyonce, but for the rest of the songs she morphs into an alter ego named Sasha Fierce (can you read that without giggling?) who fiercely sings some fierce dance songs. I'm already a big fan of "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)" and am really impressed with "Radio," which is way more techno than I'm used to Beyonce sounding. "Video Phone" is another totally unexpected track that makes the Sasha Fierce name start to make sense.
They call her mellow: The critics seem to agree, Dido's voice sure is comforting, but that doesn't mean her songs aren't totally melancholy. It's been awhile since Dido released new music, and Safe Trip Home will not disappoint folks who dig her. I'm already enjoying several tracks, including "Don't Believe in Love" because of the sad violins in the background (reminds me of Al Green's "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart") and the delicate "Look No Further."
One more pick still to come if you just read more
Glamour Magazine celebrated their 2008 Women of the Year in NYC last night bringing out the stars in black and white. The honorees included Tyra Banks, Nicole Kidman, Hillary Clinton and more. Nicole looked gorgeous in white with Keith on her arm but no little Keith-ette. Fergie performed on stage as did David Cook whose new video you are loving. While Natalie Portman and Kate Bosworth weren't the women of the night they both looked stunning on the black carpet out to celebrate some of the other ladies in the industry and around the world who made a difference this year.
Love It or Leave It: David Cook's First Song, "Light On" David Cook's first single has hit the Web, and I'm still sorting out how I feel about it. Is it too Creed-ish? Or is it exactly what you hoped to hear from the American Idol winner? Take a listen and vote now!