The latest trend in supermarket goods is reviving retro packaging in an effort to appeal to consumers' yearning for the past. So it comes as no surprise that, on the season finale of The Celebrity Apprentice, 7Up revealed two new nostalgia-themed cans inspired by the colorful decades of the '70s and '80s. But lovers of the limited-edition bling take note: it's only available for the next three months. What do you think of it?
This week's episode, "Off the Hook," of The Celebrity Apprentice was a Nene Leakes vs. Lil Jon showdown. The reality TV star and rap mogul went head-to-head while leading their teams to produce a commercial for ACN, a telecommunications company. Although I wish I kept count of how many curse words came out of their mouths, I was able to catch some great pointers for working professionals. Check them out:
"We lost against Gary Busey . . . Are you kidding me? — Nene
Their morale was low after last week's loss, but I was happy to see the women regroup and take the next challenge head on. After making several mistakes or losing an account to an inexperienced competitor, as a team leader, you must recognize and correct the team's internal faults.
To see what else Nene and Lil Jon had to say, keep reading.
Here again, more work tips and strategies from this week's episode of The Celebrity Apprentice, "Unhappy Campers." This week's challenge was all about the branding and presentation of Camping World's merchandise, using RVs to sell the camping experience. And though it had some entertaining parts, yesterday's lackluster episode was missing in the usual drama and scheming that has made the show so addicting. Still, I was able to round up seven more savvy tips to help advance you in the career world. Click on to find out what they are.
Photo courtesy of NBC
It was another two hours of strategizing, scheming, and Star Jones-filled fun on The Celebrity Apprentice's latest episode, "Child's Play." We saw Jose Canseco dress up in drag — kind of — and Lisa Rinna outplayed and ejected from the board room; but what's more, we learned several savvy strategies to use in our normal, real-reality careers.
Don't get bullied into a leadership role. — The ladies on team A.S.A.P. are pretty darn cut-throat. They pressured Lisa into taking the project manager role because they (or at least Nene) wanted her ousted. What's the best way to get rid of a competitor? See her fall from above. If you're not ready to take charge, like Lisa, don't. Your failure could be exactly what your competitors want and may lead to your corporate extinction.
For more strategies, read after the jump.
- Whenever the TV season picks up again, Dirty Sexy Money will be around for all of it, writes Zap2it.
- Hollywood Reporter has news that Kathy Bates will join Ashton Kutcher and Michelle Pfeiffer in the dramatic love story Personal Effects.
- Couldn't get tickets for this weekend's Saturday Night Live show? The New York Times writes about the event.
- ComingSoon reports that production on the sequel to The Da Vinci Code will be pushed back due to the writers strike.
- Olympians and Omarosa are among the contestants for Celebrity Apprentice, which will premiere in January; details are at The Futon Critic.
- NBC is bringing the Web series Quarterlife to TV, Broadcasting & Cable reports.
- According to Reuters, Gus Van Sant's biopic about gay San Francisco city councilman Harvey Milk (which will star Sean Penn) will be made before Bryan Singer's version.
- Hey, you 10 people who watched On the Lot: Variety has a story about what winner Will Bigham is up to.
Photo copyright 2007 ABC, Inc.