Angelina Jolie continues her work for refugees in the Congo ahead of the G8 Summit, and the marriage equality debate finally arrives in the Supreme Court today — plus, find out why the 2014 Oscars had to make way for the Winter Olympics and what's next for Victoria Beckham's fashion empire!
- Illustrator Damien Florebert Cuypers sketched some of the most iconic looks from last night's red carpet for a special collection of Oscars-themed images. [AnotherMag]
- Last night marked the 10th consecutive year that the top winners at the Academy Awards — including best actress Jennifer Lawrence — donned jewels by Chopard. [PS Fashion News Inbox]
- Cara Delevingne has officially trademarked her name, protecting it from being used as a marketing tool for everything from perfumes and handbags to even walking sticks. [Telegraph]
- Reed Krakoff can't resist a good Bravo reality show. "I love TV, very bad TV and very good TV," the designer said. "I like The Real Housewives of New York City . . . I draw the line at Atlanta." [The Wall Street Journal]
- The British Fashion Council has announced that the next dedicated menswear Fashion Week will run from June 16 to 18, presenting a conflict with Pitti Uomo, which begins on June 18. [WWD]
More of the fashion news you need to know, right here.
It comes but once a year, and finally the moment is nearly here: Sunday we get our Oscars red carpet fix. Will Jessica Chastain nail it as usual? Will Jennifer Lawrence wear Dior? In honor of the occassion — and all the fun speculation — we've gathered our favorite Oscar looks over the decades. Here's to hoping that come Sunday, we'll have at least one more dress to add to this list.
It's Oscar night! We're kicking off the day with one of our favorite topics: megastars who have hit the red carpet with a baby bump. Not only have some of the biggest movie stars in the world attended the Oscars while pregnant, but some of those same stars have also taken home the night's coveted prize!
Natalie Portman won the Oscar for best actress for her performance in Black Swan just a few months before giving birth to son Aleph. And who can forget Catherine Zeta-Jones's performance in support of Chicago at the 2003 Oscars — while nearly nine months pregnant?! Keep reading for more of Oscar's best maternity moments!
The Oscars are this Sunday, and we're getting revved up for the big event by taking a look back at some of the most memorable looks from shows past. The Oscars red carpet always brings out the most glamorous, jaw-dropping (and sometimes mind-boggling) celebrity ensembles, and we can't wait to see what this year's show brings. From Gwyneth Paltrow's iconic white Tom Ford gown, to Celine Dion's statement-making backwards suit, click through to see 65 of the most unforgettable Oscars looks now.
>>The biggest red carpet moment of the season has finally arrived — and with it comes some of the most memorable looks of the year. Among the evening's greatest hits? Jessica Chastain's gilt-embroidered Alexander McQueen, Gwyneth Paltrow's cape-endowed white Tom Ford, and Rooney Mara's ivory Givenchy Couture — which she said she picked out the morning before. See those — plus more of the chicest looks of the night — right here, in our 2012 Oscars best dressed slideshow.
The 2012 Academy Awards are this Sunday, Feb. 26, and we're going live from the most glamorous red carpet in Hollywood. We can't wait to see what Oscar nominees like Michelle Williams and Rooney Mara will wear! To get you excited for this black-tie affair, we've rounded up some of our favorite Oscar fashion moments from years past. Watch here to see who made our list!!
We can't wait for the Academy Awards this Sunday night, and while Uggie won't be making a red-carpet appearance, another animal gets to steal the limelight when War Horse vies for the best picture title! Surprisingly, only five other animal films have been nominated for this prestigious award in the history of the show, which we've rounded up for your viewing pleasure.