I already shared some fun quotes with you from last night's People's Choice Awards press room, but there were plenty of other stars celebrating their trophies. Check out more quotes from the Glee kids, Alyson Hannigan, Chevy Chase, and others!
After scoring the trophy for Favorite R & B Artist, Mariah Carey made her way back to the press room. I couldn't help but notice that she had an entourage helping her down the stairs (including husband Nick Cannon), but Mariah assured us, "I'm really nice, but people think I'm a diva because i walk around with 800 people." She also confessed to having a secret new year's resolution and joked that Lee Daniels is to blame for her buzzed-about speech at the Palm Springs Film Festival earlier this week. Here are more highlights:
- On what's next:I loved, loved doing Precious. It was one of the most incredible experiences of my life so I'm hoping to continue doing films.
- On who would play her in a biopic: Me. That would be something I wouldn't let go because unless they tell the real story, it would be boring.
- On whether or not she was tipsy at the Film Festival: Everybody in the club gettin' tipsy.
- On how her speech was received: If people don't understand me and think I'm just some girl who stands by a microphone who sings "Hero", then they wont get me. But I have a sense of humor and that's what gets me through life.
Hugh Jackman brought his huge grin (and sexy accent) to the press room after his win for Favorite Action Star at the People's Choice Awards. Hugh joked about leaving his award on his doorstep to tell the world about his new title, plus his attempts to get his kids into comic books. Here are some other highlights:
- On what the award means to him: You know what? It really doesn't mean a lot because when I was in grammar school, my best buddy Simon used to say I was gonna be an action star, and he used to call me "Huge Action." And I said he was crazy, and I actually made a bet and I bet against him. So it doesn't mean a lot to me because I now owe him 20 bucks.
- If he wasn't an actor: he'd be a journalist or a daytime talk show host.
- His childhood crush: Olivia Newton-John
- His Oscar pick: Precious
Now that the red carpet is all wrapped, I'm coming atcha live from the press room at the People's Choice Awards! Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock just made an appearance, fresh off their big win for The Proposal. Sandra was very humble about the award show circuit, saying,
"I'm not a veteran of award shows, so I just try to get out of the house on time. I try to not fall, I try to sound eloquent, which we didn't because we had another thing planned. I am so not together. I'm just happy to be here and we'll see what happens tomorrow."
The award show buzz for The Blind Side doesn't seem to be slowing, so Sandra should be an old pro by the time the Oscars roll around. Meanwhile, Ryan quipped about who designed his outfit and revealed that he watched a marathon of The Twilight Zone over the holidays.