This week's eventful Ugly Betty takes on a "whodunnit?" mystery tone in the funny, melodramatic way that only this show can pull off. Last week, Daniel returned to Mode as editor-in-chief, but before any celebrating could occur, someone shoved Christina down the stairs. At the start of this episode, Betty is under the white-hot light of police interrogation, and as the story unfolds, practically everyone becomes a suspect.
Unfortunately for Daniel, too much of the evidence starts to point in his direction, forcing the sexy detective (Mark Consuelos) to haul him off to jail. Of course, this rocks Betty's world as she decides whether her boss, in whom she puts so much faith, could actually attempt to murder someone. To talk about the episode, read more!
- How funny is Marc's announcement in the office that Christina's in the hospital? "Don’t worry, the baby and Wilhelmina are fine!”
- I also thought the little news flash animation of pregnant Christina (aka the "Scottish rent-a-womb" — Wilhelmina) falling down the stairs was really funny. Wow, that sounds so much worse than I mean it. You get my point, though.
- Sigh. Can we talk about how cute Mark Consuelos is? Amanda thinks so too and urges him to interrogate her (“You have to interrogate me for hours and hours and I do not break easy. I am totally easy.”)
- Meanwhile, the secret is totally out on Hilda and her married man and everyone is very disappointed in her. Ugh — now I just want this story to end. It's so sad for Hilda!
- I definitely thought Stewart as the person who pushed Christina would be way too obvious — and it turns out he's dying! And it is so freaking sad. Seriously, I was so teary last night.
- How cute is Wilhelmina's transformation from being a shameless media whore to caring for Christina and reading What to Expect When You're Expecting? I like the softer side of Willi, even though I never want her to really change.
- Awesome grandma Claire Meade is pretty bad-ass and has some advice for anyone headed to the slammer: "Do your own time and don't trust the po-po." Ha!
- We learn two secrets Amanda and Marc have been keeping. First, Amanda is in serious credit card debt. Not surprising. Second, Marc keeps a mannequin of Wilhelmina around ("Willi-mannequin") and sometimes yells at it and slaps it.
- I laughed loud and hard at Amanda's "night of the crime" flashback wherein she recalls Betty eating a giant sandwich.
- Claire falling off the wagon and getting wasted is funny too: "Wilhelmina Slater? More like Wilhelmina Slutter."
- Secrets are swiftly revealed near the end. Alexis did it! Daniel's kid is not his — it's Alexis's! Daniel's sleeping with his immigration custody helper lady!
Did you predict Alexis as the culprit? How much did you love Marc, Amanda, and Betty on the case together? Do you care that much about the future of Daniel and his kid? What should Hilda do about her man?
Photos copyright 2008 ABC, Inc.