This week's Ugly Betty starts out with love in the air as both undercover new couples enjoy romantic getaways. Daniel and Molly frolic on the beach in a tropical location, while Connor and Wilhelmina steam it up in the mountains in a couple of beautiful, vivid scenes. But while everything starts on such a happy, sassy note, it ends on a downer. When Betty and Hilda fight, I can never take sides — they're both kind of right in my mind. Which I guess means the writers have really nailed what it is to have a sister. Let's talk about this episode — just read more.
- Ignacio is back from the hospital, and the girls are being really cute about not stressing him out for fear of causing another heart attack. Every time they want to get into a conversation about bills and such, they go, "Hear that? A bluebird!"
- Betty returns to her apartment only to find Amanda's completely destroyed it. Oh — and Amanda thought it was Betty who had the heart attack ("How many times did I tell you to stop eating that fatty Mexican food?").
- Amanda also informs Betty they have roaches and she named one Little Betty ("She's just like you — a survivor"). I love her.
- Daniel and Molly's banter about Heidi and Spencer felt kind of forced. Or maybe I just sort of resent the fact that I can't seem to escape those two no matter what I do. They better not guest star.
- I can't tell if I think Willie and Connor's sexy time all over the office is super hot or kind of gross. It might be a little much, despite how pretty they both are.
- No one in the office knows about them (except Marc), but it's a little obvious something's going on when they both return from vacation with hilarious goggle tans. Willi: "Even the special boy in the mail room could put the two of us together."
- Betty has to return to the office and nags Hilda about lists and Post-its and taking care of their dad. Hilda gets sick of Betty's nagging and yells, "You don't have to be Betty Bossy Pants!"
- Marc gets increasingly worried that Willi's too distracted by sex to do her job. Willi and Connor are on cloud nine and tell him to chill out repeatedly ("Marc, don't just stand there like a gay flag pole! We want to celebrate").
- Amanda again says to Betty, "Oh my God, is it your heart?" and Betty reminds her that it was Ignacio who had the heart attack, not her. And then Amanda says, "These things get passed down. They're generic."
- Betty accidentally leaks Daniel's vacation photos to Suzuki and has to get them back. She and Daniel go on a stalking adventure and learn that he: is a husband to a woman, is a suburban father, has a Jersey accent, and is really named Byron. Ha!
- I could have died of laughter at Amanda's facial expression when she catches Willi and Connor making out. I also love when Marc grabs her and tells her not to say anything to anyone and she goes, "Oh my God, Marc, you're hurting me!" When he drops her and asks, "Am I?" she's all, "Not really." Hee!
- Saddest, most pathetic line of the night? Betty: "Hilda, I think I might have lost dad."
- Willi is way hard on Marc, but then it turns out she's just reminding him who's boss ("I expect gratitude, not attitude") and gives him a chance at leadership in the end after all. Warm fuzzies for Marc!
Right at the very end, Connor catches Molly in the background of a tabloid pic of Heidi and Spencer, holding a mysterious hand (Daniel's). He looks jealous and a little scary. Also, how sad is it to see the end of Amanda and Betty living together? And do you think Betty needs to go easier on Hilda?
You can find all the fashions from this episode at CelebStyle.
Photos copyright 2008 ABC, Inc.