The best part of this week's new episode of Ugly Betty — you know, other than the fact that there was a new episode at all (and one more next week) — was all the Amanda. She's spectacular when she's evil and she's awesome when she momentarily has a conscience. I heart her the most. Betty was annoying, but I'll give her a bye this week since that was pretty much the plot of the episode. My thoughts:
- This week Henry shipped off to Tucson for his baby's sonogram, leaving Betty pretending not to be nervous about it. Who was there to step right in to fill the void? Why Gio, of course, and his delicious sandwiches. They taste like purple.
- Best Marc line of the episode, when Willi was trying to convince Christina to carry her mysterious baby by talking about her hostile womb: "It's tragic. Bono and Sheryl
Crow should do a benefit for her lady parts." Sometimes I forget that Wilhelmina is a mom in the first place.
- And can I just say phew that the Fey Sommers murder mystery is finally solved? Phew.
To read the rest of my thoughts and mourn there only being one more episode before the strike hiatus just read more
- This was kind of a return to true form for UB with a completely inconceivable plot (poison perfume?) and dramatic edge of your seat moments (will Betty find the evidence in time?) but a fun ride the whole way through. I'm totally happy that Claire Meade is finally out of trouble. She's been a fantastic character throughout and now we get to see her in all her glory running the magazine with Daniel and Alexis. Something tells me all won't stay happy for long.
- Biggest laughs of the episode: The Meade family lawyer's obsession with how terrible Betty's hair is. Laughing out loud, for real.
- Marc's idea on what to do with Christina's dress stealing/selling plot? "Bid on it and then take turns wearing it?" Poor Christina, though, backed into a corner. Speaking of which, where is that husband of hers?
- Just the thought of Marc being the father of Willi's baby is incredible. This is a soap opera, so there's some way to make that work, right?
- Speaking of Marc, way for him to be the heart of the episode. Even Betty didn't get to be the hero this time. I'd like to think that Cliff has something to do with him softening up...
- As much as I complain about Betty, I smiled when she showed up for Christina's insemination (and that we never saw her being all judgey about the decision). Now, who's up for nine months of Willi-Christina-Marc-Betty baby banter? Sigh, I wish next week wasn't the last episode for a long time.
What did you think about last night's episode? When will Christina figure out what kind of sinister plot she is involved in? Or will Betty find out first? What made Amanda soften up? Who else is excited to see her perform on stage and approach Gene Simmons about being his daughter? Helllllllooooooo "Milkshake" reprise!? Please?
Photos copyright 2007 ABC, Inc.