Michael Jackson's life and legacy will be celebrated in a public memorial service at the Staples Center in Los Angeles today, with Mariah Carey, John Mayer, Stevie Wonder, Jennifer Hudson, and Usher among the performers. A lucky 17,500 people will be able to attend the memorial service in person thanks to an online lottery, but if you're not one of them and want to watch the event from afar, plenty of TV and online outlets have you covered:
- ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, CNN, Fox News, E!, MSNBC, and TV Guide Network are among the networks planning to cover the event live at 10 a.m. PDT.
- The Staples Center website will be streaming the memorial service.
- Hulu will also stream the coverage starting at 9:55 a.m. PDT, while TV.com will carry CBS coverage starting at 9 a.m.
- Katie Couric will anchor CBS's evening news from the Staples Center tonight, plus she'll also host a special 48 Hours at 10 p.m. CBS's The Early Show is also broadcasting from the Staples Center today.
- NBC will air a Dateline special at 10 p.m. tonight. Meredith Vieira is also anchoring The Today Show from the Staples Center.
- ABC will air special episodes of 20/20 and Primetime: Family Secrets focusing on Jackson starting at 9 p.m. Good Morning America is also broadcasting live from the Staples Center.