While it's sad to see anyone in the top ten go, the bottom two girls and guys this week were not really a huge surprise. This week's result show of So You Think You Can Dance didn't have much tension — until a bit of an upset at the very end. Still, the three routines were terrific to watch (with a surprise choreographer thrown in there), and no matter what happens from here on out, all the dancers should be proud that they made it this far. It's clear from this episode that the judges have nothing but love for their top ten. So who went home and who was saved? Just read more.
No surprise on the girls' side that the bottom two were Comfort (again) and Kherington, but the real shocker was who went home. In footage of the night before, Kherington voiced how discouraged she was after her first dance and she told the cameras backstage that the judges hated her. Last night Lil C let her know that they know she's great, but at this point in the competition she has got to up her game. Mary told her she's one of the most improved overall and was surprised to see her in the bottom two. Comfort came across as a fighter and her hip-hop routine was memorable, but it was heartbreaking to see Kherington go.
On the guys side, well, the little guy lost out. Gev's final solo dance was so cool and reminded me of what a great competitor he was and what a great attitude he has. Mark was also in the bottom two and probably got enough scare in him to turn it up a notch next week. Here are the rest of my thoughts on the evening:
- Wow, when they announced the bottom two, Will was safe but did a whole super surprised face expression and bent down on his knees. Really, Will? After Nigel said you performed the best in SYTYCD history you still thought there was a chance you'd go home?
- I loved the boys' routine and think that is reason enough to get tickets for when they go on tour this Fall! And it was choreographed by a "mystery" person who was revealed immediately to be Nigel himself. I wish we could have seen footage of Nigel teaching the guys their routine; I bet that would have been cute.
- Speaking of that dance: only Twitch could pull off those white non-sun glasses.
- Aw, Mia cried after the girls performed her routine. Dancing is so emotional!
- Fun top-of-the-night factoid: three of the regular choreographers received Emmy nominations as well as the makeup team. Cat asked the crowd to show them some love.
So, are you disappointed in America or did Comfort deserve the spot she fought back for? Are you going to miss Gev? What did you think of the performances?
Photos courtesy of Fox