This week's "Reaper" suffered from the same affliction that plagued this week's episode of "Chuck": a disappointing second episode after a really great pilot. It wasn't totally awful — Sock provided his hilarious one-liners like a champ, for example — but the parts with Sam and his family seriously dragged. I'd like much more Ray Wise making devilish quips and less family drama, please.
I'm not giving up on the show just yet, though. I still think it's super funny and campy. You can check out the things I thought were highlights and add your own thoughts if you read more
- Sock points out that Sam has two things he excels at: grabbing escaped souls from hell and Guitar Hero.
- When Sock goes on his rampage, smashing wooden things from the Work Bench, he screams "Jessica Alba!" because she apparently thinks she's too good for him.
- At least the Devil has upped the stakes a little bit in this episode, telling Sam, "You ignore your job, nice folks die."
- Sock: "You need a doctor." Cut to Sock lining up shots on a counter. "Doctor Jaeger, Doctor Cuervo, Doctor Captain Morgan. He has two titles."
- The Devil loves Ellen's talk show! I find that ridiculously amusing for some reason.
- Devil: "You lied to your mother. And lying never solves anything." Says... the Devil.
- Sock laughs uncontrollably when he's nervous. Also, Sock's wheezy smoker's laugh just cracks me up.
What did you think of this week's "Reaper"?
Photo courtesy of the CW