After jerking us around during the Summer finale, Pretty Little Liars has returned this week with a vengeance. Now that Alison is alive, the girls have to find a way to get her back into Rosewood safely. Not to mention that they have to think outside to box to find out who's really inside Ali's coffin. Something tells me whatever they discover is only going to lead to more questions.
To top things off, knowing Ezra's secret when the girls don't know it is absolute torture. All this and we still aren't sure what to make of him! Is he good or bad? When will the girls begin to suspect that he's not who he pretends to be? We're at the edge of our seat trying to figure out who to trust. Let's take a look at what happens in this week's Winter premiere.
- Did CeCe actually kill Wilden? At the beginning of the episode, Aria casually mentions that CeCe's on the run because she killed Wilden. The evidence is more than piled up against her, of course, but is this just public conjecture, or do we know for sure?
- Hanna beats Spencer to the punch. It goes without saying that Spencer is usually the brains of the girls' operations, but Hanna whips out a theory in record time: if Ali's alive, who's in the casket? It's pretty convenient when they stumble upon Sara, who also went missing around the same time and looks a lot like Alison. She could be the answer to all our burning questions, the connection we've been missing, but it's hard to tell.
- Did Hanna and Caleb just break up? Caleb comes back to visit Hanna, and things don't really pan out like she hopes. Caleb's involvement in the creepy town of Ravenswood has become complicated, and Caleb has to go back. When he won't even tell Hanna why, she assumes the worst, and both parties end up in tears. Something tells me this is the beginning of the end.
- Emily is struggling with Alison's reappearance. It's a pretty angsty week for Emily, who's more than upset that Ali's been alive this whole time and didn't bother to tell the girls. We learn about Emily's secret broken heart from the one kiss she shared with Ali, but it's a good thing — this is just what Emily needs to finally move on.
- Toby's closing in on his mother's fate. With the help of A, Toby's been working to figure out exactly what happened the night his mother died. He goes beyond Radley to the company who owns the facility and presents them with an ultimatum: either they can tell him what really happened to his mother, or he can go public with the shoddy cover-up. I'm not sure how this plays into everything else, but I think we'll all be happy when Toby finally gets a little closure.
- Ezra is suddenly creepy and entirely suspicious. First of all, can we talk about how Ezra might be evil and that he assigned The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as reading for his English class? Subtle. Things get weirder when he has a very enigmatic conversation with Mona about fear, and then get even weirder when he takes Aria to the hitherto unknown cabin in the woods, which is owned by "a friend," and which he frequents.
- What's inside? If the title wasn't any indication, this episode is all about contents, and we've been left with a lot to wonder about. Who's inside Ali's casket? What's inside the diary Hanna stole from A's lair? And what is Ezra keeping in the basement beneath the trapdoor in his forest lair? It's only a matter of time before the truth comes out!
Can't get enough of Pretty Little Liars? Head over to POPSUGAR Fashion to snag all the killer looks from the show!