Judging from the massive number of photos the CW has released in the past couple of days, I can say with certainty that the following things happened when Gossip Girl went to the Hamptons for its season two premiere:
- Croquet was played.
- Red wine was served.
- Red wine was spilled, specifically on Dan.
- Dan got all writer-ly by the light of a fire.
- He also almost missed a bus.
- Blair rode bikes with a potential paramour.
- They also had heated conversations.
- As did Nate and Serena, as well as Serena and Dan.
- Lots of people wore white.
As for what this truly means for our favorite Upper East Siders — who's dating whom, who's the queen bee when we return to NYC, etc. — well, I've got nothing. But speculate with me, won't you, by taking a look at the pretty pictures? "Summer, Kind of Wonderful" airs Sept. 1, but you can get a glimpse right now if you read more.
Photos copyright 2008 The CW