If that preview for the new season of Parks and Recreation didn't get you extremely excited for the show's return next week, then maybe I can help. I visited the set of the NBC comedy as part of the Winter TCA, and not only did I get to tour the halls of the Pawnee government's office, but I was also treated to a panel of the creators and stars like Amy Poehler, Aziz Ansari, Adam Scott, and Rashida Jones. They took questions from reporters and said so many funny, cute things that I wanted to share my 10 favorite quotes. Check them out!
- "I've always thought she was smart." — Poehler, on being proud of her character, Leslie Knope.
- "Not all women can be as loyal as Leslie." — Jones, on why Ann and Leslie are such fierce friends.
- "Jerry's no saint!" — Poehler, defending the other characters' incessant bullying of "punching bag" Jerry.
- "I'm hooking up with Sebastian." — Jim O'Heir (Jerry), on upcoming love interests for the characters. Sebastian is the mini horse.
- "Nick Offerman has a very funny giggle." — Executive producer Mike Schur, on Offerman's reaction to first seeing mini horse Sebastian.
- "It's a harvest of blood." — Offerman, commenting on how the upcoming Harvest Festival sounds sinister.
- "People have sex on this show." — Poehler, on how Parks and Recreation handles relationships a little more realistically than others.
- "I always wonder: how did that go?" — Scott, on his grown-up boy-mayor character Ben.
- "We're all dating." — Jones, joking after Poehler reasoned that people who work together often date, as with the show's characters.
- "He likes big-city stuff." — Ansari, on Tom's trouble with living in Pawnee.
Photo courtesy of NBC