This episode of The Office should just be called The Andy Show — he gets all the best lines and does a hilarious job delivering them. And I love the teaming up of Andy and Oscar. So unlikely, and thus, so very funny. The two of them accompany Michael on an "international" business trip to Canada (where they meet "Concierge Marie," played by Reno 911!'s Wendi McLendon-Covey!). Meanwhile, back at the office, Jim's excitement over Pam's return to Scranton ends abruptly when he learns some news.
To check out some of my favorite moments and share your own, read more.
- Michael has Meredith pretend that she is from Abu Dhabi. "I am ashamed at your naked face, I must cover it with my jacket." He throws his jacket on her head. "You are now sexy in your culture."
- Jim explains, "Pam comes back from New York next week and everyone here has just been so excited for me. And involved. And intrusive. And weird." Case in point: Kevin smacks Jim's butt!
- Andy tells Angela he'll be good while in Canada, "Meaning I will try to get other dudes laid."
- Ryan says he'll move into Kelly's area once Pam gets back. "This looks like where I'll probably do my push-ups every day." Kelly swears "that door is closed" and then makes out with Ryan on her desk.
- Yay for guest star Wendi McLendon-Covey ("Concierge Marie")! She is one of my favorite funny ladies.
- Michael: "A concierge is the Winnipeg equivalent of a geisha. This is a woman who has been trained in the fine art of fanciness and pleasure. And when you meet one, it is intoxicating. Just what the doctor ordered."
- Pam tells Jim that she failed a class and has to stay in New York for another 12 weeks! Also: Seeing Pam cry makes me want to cry.
- I'm just amazed by all the great moments Andy has this episode! To name a few:
"Come on it's Dandy Dale and Foppy McGee over there."
"Mademoiselle! Beer me dos Long Island iced teas, por favor. Bad decision in a glass."
"A guy needs intercourse!"
"You will thank me when they spank thee."
"You know, it's true what they say: Long Island iced teas are way stronger in Canada."
- The pairing up of Oscar and Andy in a bar is genius. Oscar wonders what Andy could possibly see in Angela, to which Andy replies,"I see through a hard exterior to a little jelly in the middle. She is teaching me to be a better person. She's working really hard on that. And she has the softest skin I've ever seen, and I can't wait to have sex with her."
- Oscar's drunk! And totally silly! Oscar tells Andy to call Angela and ask what is wrong with her, and when Angela picks up he blurts out "Why won't you do Andy?" before dissolving into giggles.
Andy: "That's Oscar and he wants to know why you won't do me and I think it's a valid question."
Angela: "Are you drunk?"
Andy: "This is Andy Bernard. . . I want to take you to sex school!"
- Then we hear Dwight whisper, "Who is that, Monkey?"
- Dwight says he's not surprised that Pam failed a class at art school, and insults Pam's painting of the office building, saying the shadows are coming from two different directions. "What? Are there two suns? Uh, last I checked that's not an office in the Andromeda galaxy!"
- When Oscar thanks him for trying to hook him up. "You kidding me? It's what I do. You get the whole nine 'nards.'"
- Ryan tells Kelly she needs to break up with Darryl, and he even typed out a breakup text message for her to send Darryl. They press Send together. Darryl responds saying it's cool. Kelly is thrilled but Ryan is totally deflated now that the danger of Darryl being angry and jealous is gone.
- Andy says Angela is "so pissed" that she's taking them back to first base, which means Andy gets to kiss her forehead.
- Oscar and Andy have bonded. Andy offers a chest bump and a "bro hug" before Oscar shakes his hand.
Andy: "I had to go all the way to Canada to get to know a guy who sits 20 feet away from me. And he's delightful!"
- Wow, Michael tells David Wallace (right to his face, "over the phone") that sending Holly away was a sucky thing to do before hanging up on him. Then Michael claims that David Wallace shows a lot of respect for him when he doesn't fire him.
- Pam comes back! Her little speech at the end is so sweet.
Thoughts on "Business Trip"?