In this week's episode of The Office we find Michael moonlighting as a telemarketer because of his money troubles. In other news, Dwight pines after Angela some more and struggles with the fact that Andy is actively pursuing her (by moonwalking past Accounting). For most of the hour-long episode, Pam and Jim act with uncommon compassion toward Dwight, taking pity on him in his distressed state. This doesn't stop them from going to his beet farm bed-and-breakfast out of sick curiosity, however.
I could have done with more of the beet farm agrotourism stuff and less of Michael's story. There was something off about this week's episode. It's never really a good thing when I'm checking the clock and feeling antsy at the 20-minute mark of an hour-long episode.
There were definitely some highlights, however, so to read about some of my favorite parts, read more
- Michael has taken to treating Pam in whatever way is in keeping with the movie he's currently watching. When he calls her "Mo Cuishle" Pam realizes he's watching Million Dollar Baby, and then worries that he's going to kill her.
- Dwight: "TripAdvisor is the life blood of agrotourism industry. A couple of bad reviews there you may as well close up shop. That’s what took down the Stalk Inn. One of the cutest little asparagus farms you’ll ever see."
- At the beet farm not-B&B, there are three rooms, each with a different theme: America, Irrigation and Nighttime.
- Stanley: "When I’m at home at night in my own house, in my sweats, drinking some red wine, watching my mystery stories, the last thing in the whole God-forsaken world I want to hear is the voice of Michael Scott."
- Michael: "And the best way to start is to hit Start, and up comes the toolbar. That’s what she said."
- On the topic of "whomever" vs. "whoever":
Stanley: "How did Ryan use it, as an object?"
Kelly: "Ryan used me as an object."
- Michael: "No one, uh, asked you anything ever, so whomever’s name is Toby why don’t you take a letter opener and stick it into your skull."
- Pam: "What’s up?"
Andy: "Me, all night, dreaming about Angela’s smokin’ hot body."
Pam: "You’re being gross."
Andy: "Not from a male perspective."
- As Kelly’s leaving Darryl she makes the “whatever” W-symbol, the “loser” L-symbol and then a slash symbol across her throat.
- Michael: "Oh-kay, I know what’s going on. You’re talking about Jim and Pam. If they’re having sex. What it looks like."
- Creed calls bankruptcy “nature’s do-over.”
Michael: "Like the witness protection program.”
Oscar: “Not at all.”
- Michael: “We’ll find another way. We’ll ask PowerPoint.”
Oscar: “Michael, this is a presentation tool.”
Michael: “You’re a presentation tool… if you think I’m going to tell Jan about this."
- Oscar to Jan: "So, due to Michael's clever financial maneuvering, he finds himself tremendously in debt."
- Dwight makes a mournful whale sound when he’s sad. That was probably my favorite part of the episode, in addition to Jim kissing Pam in the office after talking to Dwight, when a collective "awww" was heard throughout the land of Office viewers.
Photos courtesy of NBC