I want to go to Cafe Disco so badly. I'm serious! Dancing, "expresso," the cast of The Office — it looks like so much fun. I think this is one of my favorite episodes of the season, and maybe that's just because there's dancing, and dancing in TV and movies pretty much always makes me happy. There are plenty of sweet/funny/awkward moment's from this week's episode, so to read about some of my favorite parts, read more.
- I can't believe Dwight pays Erin to pretend she just won an art contest, just to get to Pam!
- Michael: "I actually dance all the time. Tiptoeing around Corporate, it is a ballet. When I am breaking all the rules, I am break dancing."
- Dwight finds out that someone is going to Ohio — turns out it's Jim and Pam to get a marriage license! This moment is so cute, it's almost borderline too cute:
Jim: "Right, oh, so this morning we are having breakfast together and I just looked up from my cereal and I said, 'You know what I want to do today? I want to marry you.'"
Pam: "I had just woken up. I didn't look cute. That's how I knew he meant it."
- I think I love this Erin character. It's so adorable when she and Michael start dancing in the old Michael Scott Paper Company office and he offers her some "expresso." She just totally gets him.
Michael: "You gotta keep yourself dehydrated!"
Erin: "That's rule number one."
- Michael: "Charles really did a number on these guys. They are way too focused on work. When I was in charge, this place was like Dave and Busters — people just hanging out, having fun, eating apps. I dunno, it's like Dave died or something." He tells them that they are in a funk. "Funk is the problem — and the solution."
- Dwight's impression of Jack Nicholson from The Shining is scarily good! And it prompts Meredith to wonder if Michael's dance room is "like a haunted coffee-house thing."
- Angela comes to retrieve Kevin, but Michael's not having it. "This is a no-work zone. Please respect the lei." Angela and Michael then stand on either side of Kevin and try to command him to stay with Michael or go with Angela. "Kevin, stay." "Kevin, come."
- Phyllis is enticed by the "Everybody Dance Now" pumping through the vents so she tries to get Bob to join her in the Cafe Disco. He's on a call, though, says the receptionist who looks exactly like a slightly younger version of Phyllis. But then she throws out her back! They take her upstairs where Dwight works on Phyllis the way his family has worked on horses for generations. And he feeds her a carrot.
- Michael: "You all took a life here today. You did. The life of a party."
- Kelly: "Cafe Disco, more like crap-e disco."
Erin: "You're bad!" They start dancing and a dude with a Danny Zuko hairstyle spots them, gets his buddy and they join the girls in Cafe Disco.
- Dwight says Phyllis grinds her teeth, which is as annoying as "children singing Christmas carols."
- Andy: "I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure I'm in a dance-off." Kelly-Andy dance-off?! It's like a dream come true.
- I love that Angela walks easily right under the limbo bar. Angela: "I hate to be that person, but I just don't like the general spirit of music."
- Creed gives the disco ball from his windshield to Michael, even though now he won't be able to see who's behind him.
- Dwight and Phyllis start dancing and Bob Vance cuts in, asking Dwight if he can steal his wife. "You can't steal what is legally your property."
- Angela starts cleaning up, which is her only way of having fun at Cafe Disco. Michael later asks her to dance and she refuses — but Michael notices that her foot is swaying to the music. He beams.
- Andy, as Kelly prepares to pierce his ear: "Are you sure that's not the gay ear?"
Kelly: "'Gay ear?' Are you 12 years old?"