Right off the bat in this episode of The Office, Kevin is double fisting icy treats: a Popsicle and an ice cream cone. This is an awesome way to open any episode of anything. From there we learn that Angela got a new cat (and then we learn, um, quite a bit more about Angela and her cats), and we watch Jim and Dwight continue to plan Kelly's birthday party. On their lecture circuit, Michael and Pam make a detour to Nashua so Michael can see Holly. This lecture is, as you might expect, hilariously disastrous.
Only thing is, I'm disappointed that we don't get to actually see Holly! To check out some of my favorite moments and share your own, read more.
- Angela has a new cat that cost $7,000: Princess Lady! "She's hypoallergenic, she doesn't struggle when you try to dress her, she's a third-generation show cat, her father was in Meet the Parents." Creed says he could get her a kid for that amount of money.
- Of course, Angela has her cats on Nanny Cam! And maybe it's because I have cats, but I kinda want cat maternity leave, too. It's not a bad idea. As Angela points out, people get tons of time off when they have kids. Meredith agrees: "She's right. I had my second kid just for the vacation."
- Dwight grills Kelly about why she went to juvenile hall at the age of 14. "If she's old enough to get married, she's old enough to follow the law." Kelly stole a boat after her boyfriend dumped her.
- She hates her cake because there are "no flowers, or toys. I don't even know what the theme is. What's the theme?"
- Michael is distraught to learn that Holly has a new boyfriend — and he's a salesman in the Nashua branch. But Pam suggests that if Michael does a great job at the presentation, Holly will hear all about it and realize what she's missing.
- Mr. Ash is getting it on with Princess Lady, and everyone watches through the Nanny Cam (Kevin: "Ooh, the other one's watching"). Angela goes home to stop Mr. Ash, and the others watch Angela with the cats as she talks to them in meows and hisses, and cleans Princess Lady with her tongue! Oscar is scarred: "I want to get that image out of my head. The psychological issues that go behind licking a cat, are not things I want to get into. Also I'm pretty sure she coughed up a hairball."
- Michael's presentation starts with a string of movie references "Goooooood morning, Viet-Nashua!" He's got them on his side for a bit, before singling out AJ and asking him about his girlfriend (Holly) and then sort of crumpling to the floor and crawling out the door backwards.
- So, Pam takes over Michael's presentation. "Sales is like a box of chocolates. You never know what vendor you're gonna get! . . . Forrest Gump." Then she uses Michael's name trick! "Blazer, Freckles, Penguin, k.d. Lang, Holly's Boyfriend." And out comes the chainsaw.
- I love the random, surprising things that happen on The Office, like Michael cutting off a part of Holly's sweater sleeve. Then he notices a document titled "Dear Michael" on her desktop, so he puts in a flash drive and takes the document. Pam quietly reads the the letter and then deletes it. She tells Michael that Holly has feelings for him still. "I can't tell you specifically but, it's not over."
- The bumbling party planners, Jim and Dwight, have made a list of ideas for their ideal party: Beer, fights to the death, cupcakes, blood pudding, blood, touch football, mating, charades, and horse hunting.
- Jim: "Is there a birthday that you remember that you loved?" Of course, Dwight describes being born. Jim: "Forever stop that story. That's disgusting and it doesn't count."
Dwight: "Schrutes don't celebrate birthdays, idiot!"
- Oh wow — the birthday "party" for Kelly is definitely one of my favorite Office scenes thus far this season.
Kelly: "You don't hear a theme, you see it. And why is there a Chiclet on my cake?"
Jim: "That's the best part! That represents a pillow. Or a television. Because the fun part is, you get to decide on an hour of television or an hour of napping." And Kelly loves it! Jim and Dwight high-five.
Kelly: "I've been watching TV all week. I choose nap." Jim sets her up with a pillow and blanket underneath the conference table. She curls up, beaming. "Too excited to sleep!"
- Dwight bangs together some garbage can lids to wake her up. "Birthday time is over." He smacks her butt! "Many happy returns."
- Now Michael is high on closure. "We should go apologize to Roy or something."
Pam: "No, we don't need to do that."