- Thanksgiving night: not the best time for a season premiere. Poor October Road got just 7.3 million viewers in its first half-hour — and plunged to 5.4 million at 10:30. Yikes. Maybe its regular Monday time slot will be more hospitable.
- Turkey day was kind of a turkey overall, though. It's hard to be too hard on October Road when overall viewing was so low on Thanksgiving. In fact, those networks that aired original shows on Thanksgiving night might be wishing they'd done otherwise. Ugly Betty snared just 7.5 million viewers, while Grey's Anatomy and CSI each hovered around 14 million. Oddly, the only regular show that came close to its normal numbers was Survivor: China — and it aired a clip show! Maybe everyone skipped primetime in favor of a nap?
- The Wednesday before wasn't much better. Wednesday stalwarts like CSI: NY (14.25 million viewers) and Criminal Minds (about 15.8 million viewers) held their own, but all of ABC's shows were down significantly, as was America's Next Top Model.
- How do you get good ratings for The Bachelor? Have the man not choose either of the women, that's how! The season finale of The Bachelor got about 11.6 million viewers on Monday — but that paled in comparison to the After the Final Rose special on Tuesday, which got 12.7 million viewers. Must have been a lot of angry people wanting Brad to explain himself!
- Charlie Brown rules again! For the second time this season, Charlie Brown specials pulled good numbers for ABC — though I'm amazed that more people watched He's a Bully, Charlie Brown! (10.4 million) than the actual Thanksgiving special (9.9 million).
Photo copyright 2007 ABC, Inc.