- Betty's back, but . . . Ugly Betty made its return to the Thursday lineup this week, and while its 6.8 million viewers were better than how comedies Samantha Who? and In the Motherhood did in that slot, it's still way down from Betty's heyday.
- Nobody's gossiping. Maybe it was that long break, but Gossip Girl is having some ratings trouble this Spring. Monday's episode barely topped 2 million viewers.
- Farewell (for now?), Chuck and Heroes. The first of this season's finales aired Monday, with NBC's Chuck and Heroes bidding adieu. Both were down from previous weeks, with Chuck pulling in 6.1 million viewers and Heroes nabbing 6.4 million.
- Obamarama. On Wednesday, a combined estimated 18.8 million people watched President Obama address the nation on the three broadcast networks that carried it. The fourth, Fox, still won the hour with Lie to Me, but the show pulled in just 7.9 million viewers.
- Lowly. Thursday was rough even for typically standout shows Grey's Anatomy and CSI. Both were at or near series lows this week, with Grey's pulling in 13.9 million viewers and CSI finishing with 15.3 million.
Photo copyright 2009 ABC, Inc.