- OMFG? Despite all that promotion, the salacious ads, and the questionable title of "Best Teen Drama Ever," Gossip Girl pretty much tanked in its post-strike premiere. The episode got just 2.4 million viewers. Hey, at least it's (as of Friday) No. 2 on iTunes . . .
- Not great returns. It's not that Grey's Anatomy didn't do well with its first episode back on Thursday night — it got 16 million viewers and was a close second in its time slot behind CSI. The bad news is that both Grey's and CSI have lost about 4 million viewers apiece since this time last year. Ugly Betty was down, too, with just 8.5 million viewers — barely beating Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? on Fox.
- Falling Idol. American Idol had a relatively bad week, at least by Idol standards. Wednesday's results show brought in 22.6 million viewers, but it had the worst showing among adults 18-49 in five years.
- John Adams is history. The HBO miniseries wrapped up with 1.6 million viewers for its Sunday finale. On average, it pulled in 2.2 million viewers a week over its seven-week run.
- Welcome back, Walkers. Brothers & Sisters had a fine (but not spectacular) comeback on Sunday, with 10.5 million viewers.
- Will he live to reap again? The return of Reaper got 2.4 million viewers on Tuesday, which doesn't sound like much — till you look at those numbers for Gossip Girl, which has already been renewed. Will Reaper follow suit?
Photo courtesy of The CW