Get your calendars ready, because NBC has just announced some slightly confusing changes to its Thursday comedy schedule. Here are the headlines:
- "30 Rock" will be back on April 5 and will air at 9 p.m. instead of 9:30 for the rest of the season.
- "Scrubs" will take over the 9:30 p.m. time slot on April 19, after "Andy Barker, P.I." finishes its five-episode run.
- There will be a special three-hour comedy night on April 5 with new episodes of "The Office," "30 Rock," "Scrubs," and "Andy Barker, P.I." plus a repeat of "My Name is Earl" — in that order.
- The "30 Rock" finale will be April 26 at 9 p.m.
- There will be back-to-back episodes of "Scrubs" on May 3.
Whew. Got all that?
I'm glad "30 Rock" will be back sooner than scheduled, but I'm not sure if it means anything that the show won't be airing during May sweeps. Remember, NBC just announced it would do the same with "Friday Night Lights," a similarly acclaimed but low-rated show. Maybe NBC has some kind of grand plan up its sleeve to drum up fans in the off-season? Here's hoping.