It didn't take more than one episode to make me a hardcore Glee fan, and I'm even more excited about the show's first season after a TCA panel this afternoon. The smiley cast took the stage to dish about long days, extensive dance routines, and why America is going to love their show. Here are some highlights and a few fun spoilers (after the jump):
- The cast just wrapped filming the first 13 episodes of the show, which covers a whopping 60 songs. I can't decide if I'm more impressed or psyched to see them all performed on-screen.
- Shooting the show hasn't been all fun and games for the kids. They've got a grueling schedule, which includes recording the music and learning the choreography, and it takes about eight days to film a single episode.
- The kids chatted a bit about their own high school experiences. Kevin McHale revealed he's got a few things in common with his character Artie, saying, "I'm really nerdy and Art is obviously really nerdy. But I do walk."
- Speaking of Artie, we can expect to see an upcoming performance with the entire cast dancing in wheelchairs. So sweet/awesome.
- Meanwhile, Jane Lynch cited "Roses Turn" from Gypsy as the song she'd most like to perform if she ever gets the chance to sing.
- The kids are gearing up for a 10-city tour, where they will travel in one plane and perform at Hot Topic stores across America. I'm already bummed that they aren't coming to SF.
To see more highlights and read a few spoilers from upcoming episodes, just read more.
- The glee club quickly runs into trouble when they are forced to find new members. Their recruiting methods are wonderfully offensive, tacky, and completely hilarious.
- The show's second episode is packed with fun musical numbers, while later on we see a lot of synchronized dancing to "Single Ladies" . . . from the guys.
- Mr. Schuester gets another chance to show off his own pipes, as well as his dancing skills.
- There's a pregnancy coming, but it's not necessarily the one you'd expect.