Cate Blanchett  is the 2014 best actress Oscar winner! She picked up the award for her role in Blue Jasmine, capping off a wildly successful award season that's also included Golden Globe and SAG awards, among others. She's had her husband, Andrew Upton , by her side for most of it and even thanked him in many of her speeches. Here's what Cate had to say about her big Oscars night:
- On yelling "hashtag suck it" to Julia Roberts : "It happened in the bar with Ms. Roberts, and thats all I'm prepared to say."
- On the rain: "Oh, this city needs rain so badly. I mean, you know, it's a little slight inconvenience when you're wearing a dress, but it's so good for the reservoir. So, no, I didn't worry about that."
- On her morning prepping for the show: "My morning began by being pummeled like kobe beef [getting a massage]. Then, I looked at all the dresses, and I thought, which one is the heaviest? And put this one on!"
- On being the first Australian actor to win more than one Oscar: "Don't you f*cking forget it! Roles like this don't come along very often.
- On her plans to celebrate: "Well, I called the children. My youngest has stopped vomiting, so that's good. I say I called, but that's a bit predictable. Probably getting into my pajamas, but I'm hopefully going dancing. But remember, it's easy to dance in your pajamas. So yes, I'll say that."
- On the pressure of being nominated: "An intense, unbearable pressure which I'm so glad is over. I mean, look, it has been every year. And having been in theater primarily for the last six years, I can say this objectively. Every year I watch this thing remotely, and every year there are five, six, 10, 12, 20 performances by women that I am gobsmacked by and inspired by. And you know, it gets whittled down to five. And, I mean, to be in conversation with those women, you know, by proxy, because we are all crammed together into one category, I mean, that's the privilege. And the rest is just chocolate.