- "American Idol" promises a major midseason event "that will blow America away," according to the New York Daily News. Look out America!
- Young Jeezy's The Inspiration debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard charts, with Taylor Hicks following uncomfortably close behind.
- A Hollywood writers' strike could mean fewer films in 2007, reports Variety.
- So enjoy good movies while you can; "The Queen" was named best film of 2006 by the Toronto Film Critics, says Reuters.
- The FBI finally releases the rest of its John Lennon files, according to the AP.
- Calling all "Lost" fans: MediaWeek says AMC will remake "Prisoner," the British precursor to the desert-island drama.
- And according to Zap2It, ABC is adapting another British import: the over-the-top soap "Footballers' Wives"
- Janeane Garofalo gets serious to star in a CBS drama pilot, says Reuters.
- Procul Harem's organist finally gets his due for "A White Shade of Pale," the AP reports.
Tell your friends