- Weeds will be back for a fourth season, writes the Hollywood Reporter.
- Billboard reports that the Eagles' album is currently outselling Britney's in the UK.
- American Idol contestants will be allowed to play instruments, and the Idol and So You Think You Can Dance tours might merge, according to The New York Post.
- According to ComingSoon, the cast and crew of Heroes are shooting an alternate ending for the December 3 episode which, if necessary, could be used as a season finale.
- Variety breaks down how the writers' strike affects writer-performers like those on The Office, while the Los Angeles Times wonders if the strike could be a boon for online programming.
- Reuters reports that stand-up comedian Zach Galifianakis will play the best friend to Ashton Kutcher's character in the romantic comedy What Happens in Vegas...
- Billboard has details on Sheryl Crow's latest album, which is due in February.
- NBC bought one last pilot before the strike: a soap opera based on the Biblical King David, Variety reports.
Photo courtesy of Showtime