The latest Gone Girl  trailer reminded us how obsessed we are with author Gillian Flynn, so we're also psyched on the recent news that one of her other books, Sharp Objects, is being developed into a TV series . Flynn's debut novel isn't the only hot novel coming to the small screen, though; time-travel fantasy Outlander is getting fans excited about its new show, and a couple of other thrillers are headed to your TV set too. Find out what you should be reading before you can watch it!
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- What it's about: Claire, a married woman from the 1940s, time-travels to 18th-century Scotland and has a torrid affair with a dashing Scotsman, Jamie.
- Who's starring: Caitriona Balfe is playing Claire, and Sam Heughan is Jamie. See them in the pictures from the show .
- When it premieres: Aug. 9 on Starz
The Terror by Dan Simmons
- What it's about: A Royal Navy expedition in 1847 goes awry when a terrifying creature stalks them through the Arctic's Northwest Passage.
- Who's starring: No one has joined the cast yet, but Ridley Scott is producing the series .
- When it premieres: TBD on AMC
The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan
- What it's about: A vampire-like virus infects New York while a team works to fight it.
- Who's starring: Corey Stoll is playing Ephraim, leading the charge against the disease.
- When it premieres: Currently airing on FX
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
- What it's about: This alternative-history novel explores the use of magic in England during the Napoleonic Wars and the relationship between two men: Gilbert Norrell and Jonathan Strange.
- Who's starring: Eddie Marsan is playing Gilbert Norrell, and Bertie Carvel is Jonathan Strange.
- When it premieres: 2014 on BBC America
Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- What it's about: A reporter cones back to her hometown to investigate the murder of two young girls, which brings up her own demons.
- Who's starring: No one has been cast yet, but author Flynn is on board  to produce.
- When it premieres: TBD