It feels like our American Idol contestants just got to celebrate their status in the top 12, and already one of them is heading home. Whose Beatles song wasn't enough to push them foward into the next round? To find out who's missing from the picture above, just read more.
That would be David Hernandez who's sung his last song on the Idol stage. His "desperate"-sounding "I Saw Her Standing There" got him booted first from the finals on Wednesday night. Well, that's one way to get rid of a controversy. Farewell, David. I'll think of you next time I go to a "pizza bistro."
Some other thoughts on the show:
- I had the right bottom three, but the wrong person going home. Nice one, Pop!
- Just for the record: There were 29 million votes this week. I think last week went over 30 mil.
- Because there were so many votes — or, at least that's the reason according to Seacrest — next week will feature yet more songs from Lennon/McCartney. That strikes me as a bad idea. At least spread it out!
- First Ford ad! A politically themed spot set to "The Distance." Best moment: Chikezie holding the big sumo wrestler baby. Man, I love those things more than I should.
- Um, nice Horton Hears a Who ad disguised as a "Contestants try to grapple with going Hollywood" video package.
- Snap judgment: Was Jason Castro actually stoned while trying to answer the question from that 12-year-old?
- I remember liking Katharine McPhee a lot more when she was actually competing on Idol. Good to know she's recording again, though, what with all that business about being dropped by her label.
- How are we liking Reuben's farewell song?
Were you surprised at David's elimination? Still think Kristy should have gone? And how do you feel about a second round of Beatles tunes so soon?
Photos courtesy of Fox