I'm currently exploring the finer side of East Coast living in honor of the Tribeca Film Festival. The festivities kicked off on Wednesday night with the world premiere of Shrek Forever After, but there are plenty of other movies that I can't wait to check out. Here's a rundown of the films I'm hoping to learn a bit more about during the next week.
- Ondine: I was touched to see the softer side of Colin Farrell in this trailer about a man who meets a woman who might be a mermaid. Part love story and part fairy tale, I'm looking forward to a little escapism with the sexy Irishman.
- Monogamy: I love both Rashida Jones and Chris Messina, and I'm hoping for some big-screen chemistry in this indie romantic comedy.
- Meskada: Nick Stahl, Kellan Lutz, and Meryl Streep's daughter Gracie Gummer star in this murder mystery. I'm still skeptical of Kellan Lutz's acting skills, but hey, at least there will be some shirtless distraction.
- William Vincent: James Franco plays the title role about a man who goes back to New York to find the girl he loves and has been separated from for four years. Sounds like the perfect film to see in the city that never sleeps.
- My Own Love Song: It might be too soon to tell, but the trailer looks like a tearjerker with solid performances from Renee Zellweger and Forest Whitaker. Plus, I can't wait to hear Renee work those pipes again on the big screen.
Stay tuned for more updates and reviews as I make my way through the festival!